By IBM Corp.
Discover ways to be a good procedure administrator for a number of AIX structures. arrange for the IBM eServer qualified expert - pSeries management and help for AIX 5L V5.2 certification try. how to set up, customise, and deal with universal AIX method management initiatives utilizing the AIX 5L model 5.3 working procedure in a multiuser atmosphere. study the elemental instructions and abilities for administering the AIX 5L model 5.2 working platforms also.After this direction, you want to entire: * AIX 5L process management II: challenge selection (Q1316) for additional info approximately extra education classes, see the AIX pSeries direction roadmaps.
Read or Download AIX 5L System Administration I: Implementation. Student Notebook PDF
Similar system administration books
Learn home windows IIS in a Month of Lunches is an leading edge educational designed for busy directors. whether you haven't any earlier publicity to IIS, you could keep on with the crisp motives, examples, and workouts during this concise, easy-to-read publication. simply put aside one hour a day—lunchtime will be perfect—for a month, and you'll be dealing with, securing, and automating IIS administrative projects quicker than you concept possible.
About this Book
When your web site slows to a move slowly or alternate stops sending net mail, you'll want to get issues operating back. quickly. IIS is the communique gateway for many Microsoft servers in addition to the first expertise for publishing websites. studying to regulate it successfully capability you could preserve your platforms operating easily and pass domestic on time.
Learn home windows IIS in a Month of Lunches is an cutting edge educational designed for busy directors. keep on with the crisp motives, examples, and routines during this concise, easy-to-read e-book, and you'll be dealing with, securing, and automating IIS speedier than you notion attainable. You'll begin with IIS basics, after which systematically discover internet farm layout, site administration, and excessive availability, in addition to practices to maintain your alternate, SharePoint, method heart, and Lync servers operating smoothly.
Written for a person who must deal with IIS, no matter if you're an IT seasoned or a reluctant administrator.
24 bite-sized classes with perform examples
High-value troubleshooting techniques
No prior IIS event assumed
About the Author
Jason Helmick is a qualified coach and advisor focusing on energetic listing and IIS. He's the founding father of the Arizona PowerShell consumer Group.
Table of Contents
1. prior to you begin
2. Deploying the internet server
3. Exploring and launching a website
4. dealing with program pools
5. including extra web content on your server
6. What each administrator should still find out about net applications
7. Securing your websites and net applications
8. Securing the server
9. keeping info with certificates
10. FTP and SMTP with IIS
11. Sharing administrative duties via distant management
12. Optimizing websites for clients and seek engines
13. development an internet farm with Microsoft community Load Balancing
14. development an online farm with program Request Routing
15. excessive availability for ARR utilizing Microsoft NLB
16. Sharing content material and configuration to the internet farm
17. Sharing IIS configurations for an internet farm
18. utilizing the principal certificates shop for certificates management
19. internet farm provisioning with the internet Farm Framework
20. catastrophe restoration for IIS
21. the ultimate exam
22. by no means the end
23. IIS PowerShell cheat sheet
24. Lab setup advisor
Conquer Microsoft SharePoint 2013 administration—from the interior out!
Dive into SharePoint 2013 administration—and quite placed your structures services to paintings! This supremely prepared reference packs hundreds of thousands of timesaving recommendations, troubleshooting tips, and workarounds. detect how the specialists installation, configure, and deal with SharePoint—and problem your self to new degrees of mastery.
* Automate the set up and configuration of SharePoint 2013
* successfully deal with SharePoint apps and customized solutions
* Optimize farms, net apps, content material databases, and location collections
* Use how you can support clients reach efficient seek experiences
* Configure enterprise intelligence positive factors in SharePoint 2013
* Dive deep into SharePoint safeguard practices and architecture
* upload SharePoint on-line on your current SharePoint environment
* deal with consumer Profiles and the SharePoint social experience
* video display and troubleshoot SharePoint with insider information
For Intermediate to complex IT execs
What's the new crucial for Apache builders? The Apache Phrasebook. full of sensible suggestions, or "phrases," for initiatives that the Apache developer a lot accomplish each day, the phrasebook fills the necessity for a quick, practical, to-the-point reference for Apache. The code inside the phrasebook is versatile, so it may be simply tailored in your wishes.
- The Far Side ® Observer
- Sams Teach Yourself JavaServer Pages in 21 Days
- Zenoss Core Network and System Monitoring: A step-by-step guide to configuring, using, and adapting this free Open Source network monitoring system - with ... Mark R. Hinkle, VP of Community Zenoss Inc.
- Assisted Living Administration: The Knowledge Base, 2nd Edition
- Professional ASP.NET 2.0 Server Control and Component Development
- Advanced Server Virtualization
Additional resources for AIX 5L System Administration I: Implementation. Student Notebook
Check to see if you have privileges to view /etc/security/passwd. Did you see the contents of the file? ______ 10. Change to the /tmp directory. 11. Now switch user to root without using the “-” (dash) option. 12. Determine your current directory and your home directory. Has anything changed? ________ 13. Do you have root privileges? Check /etc/security/passwd. _________ 14. Change to the /etc directory. 15. Exit back to team01. 16. Check you current directory. Does su affect you current directory?
The CAPP specifies the functional requirements for the system, similar to the earlier TCSEC C2 standard (also known as the Orange Book). A Common Criteria (CC) Evaluated System is a system that has been evaluated according to the Common Criteria, an ISO standard (ISO 15408) for the assurance evaluation of IT products. The system configuration that meets these requirements is referred to as a CAPP/EAL4+ system. autoi installation bundle are installed. 3 Security Guide. 2-18 AIX System Administration I © Copyright IBM Corp.
The TCB cannot be installed later. © Copyright IBM Corp. 1997, 2004 Unit 2. 3 Installation Course materials may not be reproduced in whole or in part without the prior written permission of IBM. HUQHO