By Jim Wiese
Dig into the technological know-how of precedent days and unearth remarkable discoveries!
* have you puzzled the place paper comes from, who made the 1st recognized maps, or how the traditional Egyptians have been capable of construct the pyramids?
* do you want to make your personal sundial, observe easy methods to discover earthquakes, or discover ways to write in hieroglyphics?
* Are you searching for nice rules in your subsequent technological know-how reasonable venture?
in the event you responded "Yes" to any of those questions, then historical technological know-how is for you! From Greek lighthouses and Roman bridges to chinese language kites and Mesopotamian cleaning soap, you are going to examine a number of the maximum medical discoveries and the folks who brought them to the area. Dozens of fun-packed actions assist you see for your self how the earliest people cultivated vegetation, why tools make diversified sounds, how fireworks get their explosive energy, and lots more and plenty extra. the entire tasks are secure and simple to do, and all you would like is daily stuff from round the condominium. So step again in time and take an grand trip with historical technological know-how!
Read or Download Ancient Science. 40 Time-Traveling, World-Exploring, History-Making Activities for Kids PDF
Similar children's ebooks books
ENDURING LITERATURE ILLUMINATEDBY functional SCHOLARSHIPThe relocating portrait of an orphan boy and immigrant woman who locate difficulty -- and love -- at the American prairie. every one ENRICHED vintage variation INCLUDES:• A concise advent that offers readers vital heritage details• A chronology of the author's existence and paintings• A timeline of important occasions that gives the book's old context• an overview of key topics and plot issues to aid readers shape their very own interpretations• particular explanatory notes• severe research, together with modern and sleek views at the paintings• dialogue inquiries to advertise full of life lecture room and e-book crew interplay• a listing of urged similar books and movies to expand the reader's experienceEnriched Classics provide readers cheap versions of significant works of literature better by way of invaluable notes and insightful observation.
This revision builds at the author's paintings of the final 5 years spent constructing a software to aid mom and dad and care givers with youngsters from beginning to 4 years in deprived components.
- Animal Appetite
- Marie Curie: A Biography (Greenwood Biographies)
- ASP.NET database programming weekend crash course
- Biofuels (Energy Today)
- Friends of the Earth. A History of American Environmentalism with 21 Activities
- Yuck!. Icky, Sticky, Gross Stuff in Your Garden
Extra info for Ancient Science. 40 Time-Traveling, World-Exploring, History-Making Activities for Kids
Even a casket removed from the tomb of King Tut shows the use of glue in its construction. Try the following activity to make some glue for yourself. qxd 12/12/02 7:00 PM Page 33 Materials measuring cup milk measuring spoons vinegar saucepan stove mixing spoon paper towel strainer plastic bowl baking soda water paper adult helper Procedure 1. Place half a cup (125 ml) of milk and 1 tablespoon (15 ml) of vinegar in the pan. Have your adult helper gently warm the mixture on the stove while you stir occasionally with the spoon.
Place the pot in the plastic tub, then ﬁll the pot with water until it just reaches the top. 2. Tie a string around the rock so you can lift the rock with the string. 3. Hook the spring scale to the end of the string, and use the scale to lift the rock off and weigh it in the air. Record the weight. 4. With the spring scale still attached to the rock, carefully lower the rock into the water-ﬁlled pot until it is completely covered. Water should ﬂow from the pot into the plastic tub. 5. Record the weight of the rock now.
2. Tie a string around the rock so you can lift the rock with the string. 3. Hook the spring scale to the end of the string, and use the scale to lift the rock off and weigh it in the air. Record the weight. 4. With the spring scale still attached to the rock, carefully lower the rock into the water-ﬁlled pot until it is completely covered. Water should ﬂow from the pot into the plastic tub. 5. Record the weight of the rock now. What happens to the weight of the rock when you weigh it in water?