By Richard Bowen, Matthew Marlowe, Ken Coar
This ebook has been ordinarily invaluable. it truly is good written, seems to be exact, covers many issues, and is definitely listed. It doesn't have the extent of aspect that, say, an excellent O'Reilly booklet has, yet i think it occurs to be nearly as good as (or might be a marginally greater than) the O'Reilly ebook in this topic.
Read Online or Download Apache Server Unleashed PDF
Best system administration books
Learn home windows IIS in a Month of Lunches is an leading edge instructional designed for busy directors. no matter if you haven't any earlier publicity to IIS, you could persist with the crisp reasons, examples, and routines during this concise, easy-to-read publication. simply put aside one hour a day—lunchtime will be perfect—for a month, and you'll be handling, securing, and automating IIS administrative initiatives speedier than you idea possible.
About this Book
When your site slows to a move slowly or alternate stops sending net mail, you should get issues operating back. quickly. IIS is the verbal exchange gateway for many Microsoft servers in addition to the first expertise for publishing websites. studying to regulate it successfully skill you could preserve your structures working easily and pass domestic on time.
Learn home windows IIS in a Month of Lunches is an leading edge instructional designed for busy directors. keep on with the crisp factors, examples, and workouts during this concise, easy-to-read e-book, and you'll be dealing with, securing, and automating IIS speedier than you concept attainable. You'll commence with IIS basics, after which systematically discover internet farm layout, site administration, and excessive availability, in addition to practices to maintain your trade, SharePoint, method heart, and Lync servers working smoothly.
Written for somebody who must deal with IIS, even if you're an IT seasoned or a reluctant administrator.
24 bite-sized classes with perform examples
High-value troubleshooting techniques
No prior IIS adventure assumed
About the Author
Jason Helmick is a certified coach and advisor focusing on energetic listing and IIS. He's the founding father of the Arizona PowerShell person Group.
Table of Contents
1. ahead of you begin
2. Deploying the internet server
3. Exploring and launching a website
4. handling program pools
5. including extra web content in your server
6. What each administrator should still find out about net applications
7. Securing your websites and net applications
8. Securing the server
9. maintaining information with certificates
10. FTP and SMTP with IIS
11. Sharing administrative duties via distant management
12. Optimizing websites for clients and seek engines
13. construction an internet farm with Microsoft community Load Balancing
14. construction an internet farm with program Request Routing
15. excessive availability for ARR utilizing Microsoft NLB
16. Sharing content material and configuration to the net farm
17. Sharing IIS configurations for an online farm
18. utilizing the crucial certificates shop for certificates management
19. net farm provisioning with the net Farm Framework
20. catastrophe restoration for IIS
21. the ultimate exam
22. by no means the end
23. IIS PowerShell cheat sheet
24. Lab setup advisor
Conquer Microsoft SharePoint 2013 administration—from the interior out!
Dive into SharePoint 2013 administration—and fairly placed your structures services to paintings! This supremely geared up reference packs enormous quantities of timesaving options, troubleshooting assistance, and workarounds. observe how the specialists install, configure, and deal with SharePoint—and problem your self to new degrees of mastery.
* Automate the deploy and configuration of SharePoint 2013
* successfully deal with SharePoint apps and customized solutions
* Optimize farms, net apps, content material databases, and location collections
* Use how to aid clients reach effective seek experiences
* Configure enterprise intelligence good points in SharePoint 2013
* Dive deep into SharePoint safety practices and architecture
* upload SharePoint on-line on your present SharePoint environment
* deal with consumer Profiles and the SharePoint social experience
* display screen and troubleshoot SharePoint with insider suggestions
For Intermediate to complicated IT execs
What's the new crucial for Apache builders? The Apache Phrasebook. full of functional ideas, or "phrases," for projects that the Apache developer a lot accomplish each day, the phrasebook fills the necessity for a quick, practical, to-the-point reference for Apache. The code inside the phrasebook is versatile, so it may be simply tailored on your wishes.
- Configuring IOS Certificate server
- Pro Apache Struts with Ajax
- MOSS Explained: An Information Worker's Deep Dive into Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007
- SQL Server 2005 Reporting Essentials
Extra resources for Apache Server Unleashed
If not, the client can conserve time and bandwidth by using a local cached copy. POST For a POST request, the data contained in the body of the request should be sent to the specified URI. The URI should refer to a handler that can process the data in some fashion. This might be a CGI program. Request Headers After the request, the client can send additional headers to the server, providing additional information about itself or about the request. com Accept: image/gif, image/x-xbitmap, image/jpeg, image/pjpeg, image/png, */* Apache can limit the number of headers to be accepted from the client with the LimitRequestFields configuration directive.
You have to type two words: make install. You will need to be logged in as root to execute this command, because the installation is putting files into directories where most users don’t have write access.
And if you just have to have a graphical configuration utility, Commanche provides this without taking away any of your power as a server administrator. Note The Apache Group warns that Apache on Windows shouldn’t be considered as reliable as Apache on Unix and Unix-like platforms (such as Linux), but improvements are being made. 0 release, expected some time in 2000. 1 APACHE’S HISTORY AND LORE “free software” movement, which renamed itself Open Source to shed some of the negative associations surrounding the movement.