By c/o Rosemary Scoular
Up-to-date to hide the alterations in Apache's newest unlock, 2.0, in addition to Apache 1.3, this helpful consultant discusses the right way to receive, arrange, safe, regulate, and troubleshoot the Apache software program on either Unix and home windows platforms. as well as overlaying the deploy and configuration of mod_perl and Tomcat, the publication examines personal home page, Cocoon, and different new applied sciences which are linked to the Apache net server
Read or Download Apache: The Definitive Guide PDF
Best system administration books
Learn home windows IIS in a Month of Lunches is an cutting edge educational designed for busy directors. no matter if you haven't any earlier publicity to IIS, you could stick with the crisp motives, examples, and routines during this concise, easy-to-read publication. simply put aside one hour a day—lunchtime will be perfect—for a month, and you'll be coping with, securing, and automating IIS administrative initiatives quicker than you concept possible.
About this Book
When your site slows to a move slowly or alternate stops sending web mail, you might want to get issues operating back. quick. IIS is the verbal exchange gateway for many Microsoft servers in addition to the first expertise for publishing sites. studying to regulate it successfully capability you could continue your structures working easily and pass domestic on time.
Learn home windows IIS in a Month of Lunches is an leading edge educational designed for busy directors. stick to the crisp factors, examples, and routines during this concise, easy-to-read publication, and you'll be dealing with, securing, and automating IIS swifter than you suggestion attainable. You'll begin with IIS basics, after which systematically discover internet farm layout, site administration, and excessive availability, in addition to practices to maintain your trade, SharePoint, method heart, and Lync servers working smoothly.
Written for a person who must deal with IIS, no matter if you're an IT professional or a reluctant administrator.
24 bite-sized classes with perform examples
High-value troubleshooting techniques
No past IIS adventure assumed
About the Author
Jason Helmick is a qualified coach and advisor focusing on lively listing and IIS. He's the founding father of the Arizona PowerShell consumer Group.
Table of Contents
1. prior to you begin
2. Deploying the internet server
3. Exploring and launching a website
4. dealing with program pools
5. including extra web pages on your server
6. What each administrator may still learn about net applications
7. Securing your websites and net applications
8. Securing the server
9. maintaining info with certificates
10. FTP and SMTP with IIS
11. Sharing administrative duties via distant management
12. Optimizing websites for clients and seek engines
13. development an online farm with Microsoft community Load Balancing
14. development an online farm with program Request Routing
15. excessive availability for ARR utilizing Microsoft NLB
16. Sharing content material and configuration to the internet farm
17. Sharing IIS configurations for an internet farm
18. utilizing the imperative certificates shop for certificates management
19. internet farm provisioning with the net Farm Framework
20. catastrophe restoration for IIS
21. the ultimate exam
22. by no means the end
23. IIS PowerShell cheat sheet
24. Lab setup advisor
Conquer Microsoft SharePoint 2013 administration—from the interior out!
Dive into SharePoint 2013 administration—and relatively placed your structures services to paintings! This supremely geared up reference packs hundreds of thousands of timesaving options, troubleshooting assistance, and workarounds. detect how the specialists set up, configure, and deal with SharePoint—and problem your self to new degrees of mastery.
* Automate the install and configuration of SharePoint 2013
* successfully deal with SharePoint apps and customized solutions
* Optimize farms, net apps, content material databases, and location collections
* Use the way to aid clients reach efficient seek experiences
* Configure enterprise intelligence gains in SharePoint 2013
* Dive deep into SharePoint defense practices and architecture
* upload SharePoint on-line on your latest SharePoint environment
* deal with consumer Profiles and the SharePoint social experience
* visual display unit and troubleshoot SharePoint with insider counsel
For Intermediate to complicated IT execs
What's the new crucial for Apache builders? The Apache Phrasebook. filled with sensible options, or "phrases," for initiatives that the Apache developer a lot accomplish each day, the phrasebook fills the necessity for a quick, sensible, to-the-point reference for Apache. The code inside the phrasebook is versatile, so it may be simply tailored in your wishes.
- Quickstart Apache Axis2
- Sams Teach Yourself JavaServer Pages in 21 Days
- Oracle 9i Real Application Clusters. Administration
- Professional Apache Tomcat 6
- Exam 98-349 MTA Windows Operating System Fundamentals (Microsoft Official Academic Course)
Extra resources for Apache: The Definitive Guide
Toddle, we created the three subdirectories that Apache expects: conf, logs, and htdocs. The README file in Apache's root directory states: The next step is to edit the configuration files for the server. conf-dist. As a legacy from the NCSA server, Apache will accept these three Config files. conf and to delete the other two. It is much easier to manage the Config file if there is only one of them. 4-dev on, this has become Group doctrine. 3 it is enough that they do not exist. The README file continues with advice about editing these files, which we will disregard.
Once you start the executable, Apache runs silently in the background, waiting for a client's request to arrive on a port to which it is listening. When a request arrives, Apache either does its thing or fouls up and makes a note in the log file. What we call "a site" here may appear to the outside world as hundred of sites, because the Config file can invoke many virtual hosts. 3, later in this chapter), and the computer reverts to being a doorstop. Various issues arise in the course of implementing this simple scheme, and the rest of this book is an attempt to deal with some of them.
Some of them are designed to adapt Apache to different operating systems; others offer a range of different optimizations for Unix. It will be shown, along with the other compiled-in modules, by executing httpd -l. When we went to press, these were the possible MPMs under Unix: prefork Default. 3. Currently the default for Unix and sites that require stability, though we hope that threading will become the default later on. threaded Suitable for sites that require the benefits brought by threading, particularly reduced memory footprint and improved interthread communications.