By Schoun Regan, David Pugh editor
Regrettably, whereas i like any publication Schone Regan, a fellow ACN writes, this can be for the past server procedure and never the publication i presumed i used to be ordering. For these searching for education in final gen. server, it is going to be superb.
Read Online or Download Apple Training Series: Mac OS X Server Essentials (2nd Edition) PDF
Best system administration books
Learn home windows IIS in a Month of Lunches is an cutting edge instructional designed for busy directors. no matter if you haven't any earlier publicity to IIS, you could stick with the crisp motives, examples, and routines during this concise, easy-to-read publication. simply put aside one hour a day—lunchtime will be perfect—for a month, and you'll be handling, securing, and automating IIS administrative projects quicker than you notion possible.
About this Book
When your site slows to a move slowly or alternate stops sending web mail, you'll want to get issues operating back. quick. IIS is the communique gateway for many Microsoft servers in addition to the first expertise for publishing sites. studying to regulate it successfully ability you could maintain your structures operating easily and cross domestic on time.
Learn home windows IIS in a Month of Lunches is an cutting edge instructional designed for busy directors. stick to the crisp motives, examples, and routines during this concise, easy-to-read booklet, and you'll be handling, securing, and automating IIS speedier than you notion attainable. You'll commence with IIS basics, after which systematically discover internet farm layout, web site administration, and excessive availability, in addition to practices to maintain your trade, SharePoint, method heart, and Lync servers working smoothly.
Written for a person who must deal with IIS, no matter if you're an IT professional or a reluctant administrator.
24 bite-sized classes with perform examples
High-value troubleshooting techniques
No earlier IIS adventure assumed
About the Author
Jason Helmick is a certified coach and advisor focusing on lively listing and IIS. He's the founding father of the Arizona PowerShell consumer Group.
Table of Contents
1. earlier than you begin
2. Deploying the internet server
3. Exploring and launching a website
4. coping with program pools
5. including extra web pages for your server
6. What each administrator should still find out about net applications
7. Securing your websites and net applications
8. Securing the server
9. keeping information with certificates
10. FTP and SMTP with IIS
11. Sharing administrative duties via distant management
12. Optimizing websites for clients and seek engines
13. development an online farm with Microsoft community Load Balancing
14. construction an online farm with software Request Routing
15. excessive availability for ARR utilizing Microsoft NLB
16. Sharing content material and configuration to the net farm
17. Sharing IIS configurations for an internet farm
18. utilizing the principal certificates shop for certificates management
19. net farm provisioning with the internet Farm Framework
20. catastrophe restoration for IIS
21. the ultimate exam
22. by no means the end
23. IIS PowerShell cheat sheet
24. Lab setup consultant
Conquer Microsoft SharePoint 2013 administration—from the interior out!
Dive into SharePoint 2013 administration—and particularly positioned your platforms services to paintings! This supremely equipped reference packs hundreds of thousands of timesaving options, troubleshooting information, and workarounds. detect how the specialists install, configure, and deal with SharePoint—and problem your self to new degrees of mastery.
* Automate the deploy and configuration of SharePoint 2013
* successfully deal with SharePoint apps and customized solutions
* Optimize farms, net apps, content material databases, and location collections
* Use how you can aid clients reach effective seek experiences
* Configure company intelligence positive aspects in SharePoint 2013
* Dive deep into SharePoint defense practices and architecture
* upload SharePoint on-line for your latest SharePoint environment
* deal with consumer Profiles and the SharePoint social experience
* video display and troubleshoot SharePoint with insider suggestions
For Intermediate to complicated IT execs
What's the new crucial for Apache builders? The Apache Phrasebook. filled with functional options, or "phrases," for initiatives that the Apache developer a lot accomplish each day, the phrasebook fills the necessity for a quick, practical, to-the-point reference for Apache. The code inside the phrasebook is versatile, so it may be simply tailored on your wishes.
- Consumption Tax Trends: Vat gst And Excise Rates, Trends And Administration Issues. 2006 Edition
- Microsoft Exchange 2013 Cookbook
- System Administration Guide: Advanced Administration
- Automating System Administration with Perl: Tools to Make You More Efficient
- Configuring IPSec LAN-to-LAN Tunnel for Cisco VPN 5000 Concentrator to Cisco Secure PIX Firewall
Additional resources for Apple Training Series: Mac OS X Server Essentials (2nd Edition)
Each interface has its own IP settings—for hosting different server services or dividing the amount of traffic supported over any one interface, including the ability to disable IPv6 and set your Ethernet interface to match the speed of your switch, should the need arise. You can also manually configure multiple interfaces or reconfigure network information later using the Network pane of System Preferences. 39 40 Installing and Configuring Mac OS X Server In the Network pane of System Preferences, you can also create multiple settings for a single interface.
Choosing Setup Options When using Server Assistant to set up a remote server, you are asked to select the destination computer and authenticate again using the first eight digits of the hardware serial number (or 12345678 if necessary for older computers). Local setup does not require these steps. At this point, both local and remote installations are similar, in that you now decide on how you wish your server to be configured initially. You have three options: Ǡ Standard Ǡ Workgroup Ǡ Advanced 31 32 Installing and Configuring Mac OS X Server A fourth option appears if you’re installing on a Mac with a Fibre Channel card installed.
5 DVD and click the pointer to use the language you wish to see throughout the installation process. 2 Select Disk Utility from the Utilities menu and click any one of your disks on the left side of the window. 3 Click the RAID tab and drag in the volumes you want to use to create the RAID, choose a volume name and format type, and select Mirrored RAID Set as the RAID type. 23 24 Installing and Configuring Mac OS X Server 4 Click the Create button and click past the window that informs you that you will lose all data on all drives associated with the array, and then view the completed RAID array.