By Mike Black, Daniel Castillo
Even if Backup Exec eleven is now out, and the corporate I paintings for is utilizing model 10, i discovered this booklet an outstanding reference and a brief and simple learn to wake up to hurry. The publication contains:
* a quick background of backups and the significance and cause of them
* a great review of media rotation schemes.
* a superb source on utilizing the various complex database upkeep software for troubleshooting issues.
Reader's searching for a hardcore exploration of the software program will not really locate this e-book informative, even if.
Read Online or Download Backup Exec 9 for Windows servers PDF
Similar system administration books
Learn home windows IIS in a Month of Lunches is an cutting edge educational designed for busy directors. whether you haven't any past publicity to IIS, you could keep on with the crisp factors, examples, and routines during this concise, easy-to-read ebook. simply put aside one hour a day—lunchtime will be perfect—for a month, and you'll be dealing with, securing, and automating IIS administrative projects speedier than you notion possible.
About this Book
When your web site slows to a move slowly or trade stops sending web mail, you'll want to get issues operating back. speedy. IIS is the conversation gateway for many Microsoft servers in addition to the first expertise for publishing sites. studying to control it successfully capability you could preserve your platforms working easily and pass domestic on time.
Learn home windows IIS in a Month of Lunches is an cutting edge educational designed for busy directors. persist with the crisp motives, examples, and workouts during this concise, easy-to-read publication, and you'll be coping with, securing, and automating IIS quicker than you concept attainable. You'll commence with IIS basics, after which systematically discover internet farm layout, site administration, and excessive availability, besides practices to maintain your alternate, SharePoint, process middle, and Lync servers operating smoothly.
Written for a person who must deal with IIS, even if you're an IT professional or a reluctant administrator.
24 bite-sized classes with perform examples
High-value troubleshooting techniques
No past IIS adventure assumed
About the Author
Jason Helmick is a qualified coach and advisor focusing on lively listing and IIS. He's the founding father of the Arizona PowerShell consumer Group.
Table of Contents
1. prior to you begin
2. Deploying the internet server
3. Exploring and launching a website
4. dealing with software pools
5. including extra web content on your server
6. What each administrator may still learn about internet applications
7. Securing your websites and internet applications
8. Securing the server
9. retaining facts with certificates
10. FTP and SMTP with IIS
11. Sharing administrative obligations via distant management
12. Optimizing websites for clients and seek engines
13. development an internet farm with Microsoft community Load Balancing
14. development an internet farm with program Request Routing
15. excessive availability for ARR utilizing Microsoft NLB
16. Sharing content material and configuration to the internet farm
17. Sharing IIS configurations for an online farm
18. utilizing the crucial certificates shop for certificates management
19. net farm provisioning with the internet Farm Framework
20. catastrophe restoration for IIS
21. the ultimate exam
22. by no means the end
23. IIS PowerShell cheat sheet
24. Lab setup consultant
Conquer Microsoft SharePoint 2013 administration—from the interior out!
Dive into SharePoint 2013 administration—and rather placed your structures services to paintings! This supremely prepared reference packs 1000's of timesaving suggestions, troubleshooting counsel, and workarounds. become aware of how the specialists set up, configure, and deal with SharePoint—and problem your self to new degrees of mastery.
* Automate the deploy and configuration of SharePoint 2013
* successfully deal with SharePoint apps and customized solutions
* Optimize farms, internet apps, content material databases, and placement collections
* Use how you can support clients reach efficient seek experiences
* Configure company intelligence gains in SharePoint 2013
* Dive deep into SharePoint safeguard practices and architecture
* upload SharePoint on-line for your latest SharePoint environment
* deal with person Profiles and the SharePoint social experience
* computer screen and troubleshoot SharePoint with insider advice
For Intermediate to complicated IT pros
What's the new crucial for Apache builders? The Apache Phrasebook. jam-packed with useful options, or "phrases," for projects that the Apache developer a lot accomplish each day, the phrasebook fills the necessity for a quick, sensible, to-the-point reference for Apache. The code inside the phrasebook is versatile, so it may be simply tailored in your wishes.
- FreeBSD Mastery: ZFS (IT Mastery Volume 7)
- Exam 98-349 MTA Windows Operating System Fundamentals (Microsoft Official Academic Course)
- Server+ Certification Exam Cram 2 (Exam SKO-002)
- Dr. Tom Shinder's ISA Server and Beyond with CDROM
Extra resources for Backup Exec 9 for Windows servers
Day Day Up > < Day Day Up > Summary This is just a simple overview of the more common options available for Backup Exec. Most of the options are covered in much greater detail in later chapters. Chapter 6: Introduction to Backup Exec 51 52 Chapter 7: Backup Exec Installation-Suggestions and Pitfalls < Day Day Up > < Day Day Up > Chapter 7: Backup Exec Installation-Suggestions and Pitfalls Rather than narrating every mouse click of the installation process, this chapter prepares you for the installation of Backup Exec software by describing some more common pitfalls that we've encountered and explaining how to avoid them.
This tells the other applications that the file is currently busy and prevents another process from being able to access that file until the first process lets go. While this helps prevent corruption, it also makes life complicated for backup software, which often needs to back up files that are locked. The Advanced Open File Option (AOFO) resolves this by taking a “snapshot” of the data that is to be backed up. When an AOFO-enabled backup job runs, it will back up any locked files from the snapshot instead of trying to access them at their original location.
It sends that data through the SAN and to the backup devices. No backup server is necessary in order to control the process or serve as an intermediary storage location for the data in transit. The server-free backup software is included in some hardware component of the SAN. Some server-free backup programs are designed to run directly from the backup device, like the robotic library. ” In Figure 3-5: • The backup device, located in the SAN, initiates the backup. It obtains the data from the file server.