By Jim Hoskins
For somebody who makes use of IBM eServer pSeries, RS/6000 servers, or different UNIX servers, this ebook might help investigate their very own companies or associations to guage present states of e-business adoption. the place IBM is headed by way of the way forward for e-business is proven, and the way to take complete good thing about their on call for method in agencies can be addressed. suggestions on how you can leverage an present funding in AIX and UNIX computing infrastructure sooner or later is supplied. A case examine of the studies of Toyota Australia as they flow down the e-business on call for adoption course can be incorporated.
Read Online or Download Building on Your Aix Investment: Moving Foreword With IBM Eserver pSeries in an on Demand World PDF
Similar system administration books
Learn home windows IIS in a Month of Lunches is an cutting edge instructional designed for busy directors. whether you don't have any past publicity to IIS, you could keep on with the crisp causes, examples, and routines during this concise, easy-to-read ebook. simply put aside one hour a day—lunchtime will be perfect—for a month, and you'll be dealing with, securing, and automating IIS administrative initiatives quicker than you concept possible.
About this Book
When your site slows to a move slowly or trade stops sending net mail, you'll want to get issues operating back. speedy. IIS is the communique gateway for many Microsoft servers in addition to the first expertise for publishing sites. studying to regulate it successfully capability you could preserve your structures working easily and move domestic on time.
Learn home windows IIS in a Month of Lunches is an cutting edge educational designed for busy directors. stick with the crisp motives, examples, and routines during this concise, easy-to-read e-book, and you'll be handling, securing, and automating IIS quicker than you notion attainable. You'll begin with IIS basics, after which systematically discover internet farm layout, web site administration, and excessive availability, besides practices to maintain your trade, SharePoint, method heart, and Lync servers operating smoothly.
Written for someone who must deal with IIS, no matter if you're an IT professional or a reluctant administrator.
24 bite-sized classes with perform examples
High-value troubleshooting techniques
No earlier IIS adventure assumed
About the Author
Jason Helmick is a qualified coach and advisor focusing on lively listing and IIS. He's the founding father of the Arizona PowerShell person Group.
Table of Contents
1. ahead of you begin
2. Deploying the internet server
3. Exploring and launching a website
4. dealing with program pools
5. including extra web content for your server
6. What each administrator may still find out about net applications
7. Securing your websites and net applications
8. Securing the server
9. keeping information with certificates
10. FTP and SMTP with IIS
11. Sharing administrative obligations via distant management
12. Optimizing websites for clients and seek engines
13. construction an internet farm with Microsoft community Load Balancing
14. development an internet farm with program Request Routing
15. excessive availability for ARR utilizing Microsoft NLB
16. Sharing content material and configuration to the net farm
17. Sharing IIS configurations for an online farm
18. utilizing the significant certificates shop for certificates management
19. internet farm provisioning with the internet Farm Framework
20. catastrophe restoration for IIS
21. the ultimate exam
22. by no means the end
23. IIS PowerShell cheat sheet
24. Lab setup advisor
Conquer Microsoft SharePoint 2013 administration—from the interior out!
Dive into SharePoint 2013 administration—and particularly placed your platforms services to paintings! This supremely equipped reference packs hundreds of thousands of timesaving recommendations, troubleshooting guidance, and workarounds. become aware of how the specialists install, configure, and deal with SharePoint—and problem your self to new degrees of mastery.
* Automate the install and configuration of SharePoint 2013
* successfully deal with SharePoint apps and customized solutions
* Optimize farms, net apps, content material databases, and location collections
* Use ways to support clients reach effective seek experiences
* Configure company intelligence beneficial properties in SharePoint 2013
* Dive deep into SharePoint safeguard practices and architecture
* upload SharePoint on-line on your current SharePoint environment
* deal with consumer Profiles and the SharePoint social experience
* computer screen and troubleshoot SharePoint with insider advice
For Intermediate to complicated IT execs
What's the new crucial for Apache builders? The Apache Phrasebook. full of sensible recommendations, or "phrases," for initiatives that the Apache developer a lot accomplish each day, the phrasebook fills the necessity for a brief, practical, to-the-point reference for Apache. The code inside the phrasebook is versatile, so it may be simply tailored on your wishes.
- SQL Server 2008 Transact-SQL Recipes: A Problem-Solution Approach (Recipes: a Problem-Solution Approach)
- Working with OpenERP
- Server-Side Programming Techniques Java(TM) Performance and Scalability
- Practice Notes Executorship and Administration of Estates
Extra info for Building on Your Aix Investment: Moving Foreword With IBM Eserver pSeries in an on Demand World
Com/financing/ Index Numeric 3995 Optical Library, 41–42 Index A access to information, 6, 7 active processors (start-up processors), 23 adoption model, e-business on demand, 6–8 AIX. See also pSeries migrating to pSeries, 45–46, 48, 49 operating system, x, 31, 32–33 performance management for AIX (PM/AIX), 24–25, 54 application programs. See also software custom application programs, 29, 30 flexibility, IBM eServer strategy, 12, 32, 54 migrating to pSeries, 54–55, 56 pre-packaged application programs, 29–30, 54–55 pSeries software, 25, 27–30 Ardendo, 47 AS/400 (evolved into iSeries), 9, 12 ASCI White, 39 autonomic computing strategy, 5, 21, 51–52 Availability Advantage (IBM eServer Advantage offering), 67 Index B backup and recovery, pSeries, 26 BCS (IBM Business Consulting Services), 66.
See also pSeries application flexibility, 12, 32, 54 BladeCenter, 10 Capacity Upgrade on Demand (CUoD), 14 clustering (linking), 9, 10, 13, 22 copper wiring innovation, 13, 19 Index 43 44 Index cost reduction, 10–12, 14 cryptographic co-processors, 13 Dynamic Logical Partitioning (LPAR), 14 grid computing, 15 horizontal growth, 13, 53 infrastructure efficiency, 14–15 iSeries (evolved from AS/400), 9, 12 More on the Web, 11, 16 multichip module (MCM), 13 multiple architectures, 15–16 Nintendo, 11–12 one size does not fit all, 15–16 open standards and, 12 operating systems and, 9, 12 performance leadership, 11–12 POWER4/POWER4+ chips, 13, 18–20, 53 price vs.
See also IBM Global Services IBM Business Partner network, 47, 66 IBM Digital Media Labs, 47 IBM eServer Advantage program, 66–67 IBM eServer Solution Connection, 54–55 IBM eServer strategy, 9–16. See also pSeries application flexibility, 12, 32, 54 BladeCenter, 10 Capacity Upgrade on Demand (CUoD), 14 clustering (linking), 9, 10, 13, 22 copper wiring innovation, 13, 19 Index 43 44 Index cost reduction, 10–12, 14 cryptographic co-processors, 13 Dynamic Logical Partitioning (LPAR), 14 grid computing, 15 horizontal growth, 13, 53 infrastructure efficiency, 14–15 iSeries (evolved from AS/400), 9, 12 More on the Web, 11, 16 multichip module (MCM), 13 multiple architectures, 15–16 Nintendo, 11–12 one size does not fit all, 15–16 open standards and, 12 operating systems and, 9, 12 performance leadership, 11–12 POWER4/POWER4+ chips, 13, 18–20, 53 price vs.