By Steve Wright
Put the basic ideas and strategies of electronic compositing to give you the results you want with no the necessity of a unmarried mathematical equation. Compositing visible results is lavishly illustrated with 1000's of movie photographs, figures, illustrations, and diagrams to aid the visible reader achieve a important vocabulary and knowing of the whole diversity of visible results, within which electronic compositing performs a key role.
Beginning with an inspirational journey of the scope and significance of electronic compositing, you get a high-quality evaluate of the types of electronic results mostly accomplished this present day. See how CGI is composited with stay motion, how set extensions are performed, and what a match-move shot is. Following that you just research all of the key functions of electronic compositing, which come with bluescreen compositing, bullet-time photographs, movement monitoring, and rotoscoping. the next chapters dig down into all the significant electronic compositing purposes, introducing the basic recommendations, and strategies at the back of them.
Learn what's effortless and tough, attainable and most unlikely, and what to anticipate while engaged on a role that involves electronic compositing. New to this version are four new chapters on:
* 3D compositing, with classes on what digicam monitoring is, the way it is used to place CGI right into a live-action plate, in addition to stay motion right into a 3D scene.
* Stereo compositing, with descriptions of key stereoscopic phrases and ideas, classes on compositing pictures that have been filmed in stereo (both bluescreen and CGI), in addition to the stereo conversion technique while a flat second motion picture is switched over to a stereo 3D movie
* purple and electronic trap with Log pictures, together with log photograph codecs. this can be a extremely popular subject nowadays. schools loiter around video since it is more cost-effective. movie continues to be significant within the actual global of production.
* monitoring a complete venture from begin to finish
This is as well as strong updates on issues such as:
* planar monitoring, Z compositing, operating with Anamorphic HD codecs, mocap, and more
This version additionally incorporates a spouse site (http://www.taylorandfrancis.com/cw/wright-9780240817811/) with images from the e-book so you might paintings with on your personal compositing exercises.
- An available creation to a posh topic for beginner and aspiring compositors, from skilled writer and compositing whose compositing credit contain evening on the Museum 2, Shutter Island, Solaris, site visitors, and more
- Full colour presentation illustrating the paintings and strategies of the perform, presents proposal besides instruction
- New to this version is a significant other site, new chapters on 3D compositing, stereo compositing, purple and electronic catch with log photos, and extra could have you figuring out the most recent in compositing expertise in no time
Read Online or Download Compositing Visual Effects Essentials for the Aspiring Artist PDF
Best direction & production books
If you cannot make it to at least one of Bruce Block's mythical visible storytelling seminars, then you definately want his e-book! Now in complete colour for the 1st time, this best-seller deals a transparent view of the connection among the story/script constitution and the visible constitution of a movie, video, lively piece, or game.
The expansion of theatre in Anchorage, Alaska, is a microcosm of theatre improvement during the usa within the 20th century. In below a century, Anchorage grew from its humble origins to develop into a colourful frontier urban of 300,000 and the cultural middle of the kingdom. Homegrown playwrights built their craft, arts associations flourished, withered, and have been changed through new associations.
A revised and increased sequel to Stealing fireplace from the Gods, this 2d variation comprises very important new revelations in regards to the final resource of team spirit, the constructions of the total tale passage, the anti-hero's trip, the high-concept nice inspiration, the secrets and techniques of charismatic characters, and the analyses of many vital new tales and winning motion pictures.
- Bollywood Cinema: Temples of Desire
- Video Editing with Avid: Media Composer, Symphony, Xpress
- Steven Soderbergh
- It's Only a Movie: Alfred Hitchcock, A Personal Biography
Additional info for Compositing Visual Effects Essentials for the Aspiring Artist
It follows, then, that two images can be multiplied together. Multiplying two images together may sound a bit daft—sort of like multiplying a bird times a rat to get a bat—but in actuality, it is a hugely important and common operation when working with digital images. It is at the very core of the compositing process as well as matte and masking operations, so pausing to take a closer look would be a good idea. Figure 2-21 Color image. Figure 2-22 Mask. Figure 2-23 Multiplied. Consider the color image in Figure 2-21 and the elliptical mask in Figure 2-22.
The QuickTime file format is actually a “wrapper” that supports a long list of possible compression schemes called codecs (Coder/Decoder). While many programs can read QuickTime movies, trouble comes when the movie is compressed with a codec that the program trying to read the file doesn’t have. gif file that supports true transparency. psd—Adobe Photoshop file format that supports separate layers for the various elements of an image. Intended for Photoshop picture editing, so not supported by very many other programs.
Case in point: Suppose you want to multiply two pixels that are 50% gray. Logic tells you that if *To the alert mathematician, the floating-point numbers displayed in Figure 2-20 will be slightly off. 50196078431. However, the story is easier to follow if things are simply rounded off to the intuitive values used above. Digital Images you multiply 50% times 50% the answer has to be 25%. However, if you are working in 8-bit integer, a 50% gray pixel is 128. If you multiply 128 times 128, you get 16,384, which is a far cry from 25%.