By Thomas Shinder
Microsoft's flagship ISA Server can provide the web on your customers!As the call for for net connectivity reaches a fever pitch, method directors are being challenged to attach a growing number of platforms to the net with no compromising safeguard or community functionality. ISA Server 2000 offers process directors with a innovative administration infrastructure that addresses the 2 maximum wishes of Enterprise-wide net connectivity: protection and speed.Written via best-selling writer of numerous MCSE 2000 learn publications, this publication will give you the method directors with a detailed realizing of the entire critiacl beneficial properties of Microsoft's flag send web Server. Configuring ISA Server 2000 exhibits community directors the way to attach a community to the net, continue the relationship, and troubleshoot distant clients' and software program configuration difficulties. * up to date assurance of latest items particular to home windows 2000* exhibits community directors the way to provide e mail while holding community safety* makes a speciality of supplying safe distant entry to a community
Read Online or Download Configuring ISA Server 2000 PDF
Similar system administration books
Learn home windows IIS in a Month of Lunches is an leading edge instructional designed for busy directors. whether you haven't any earlier publicity to IIS, you could keep on with the crisp reasons, examples, and workouts during this concise, easy-to-read e-book. simply put aside one hour a day—lunchtime will be perfect—for a month, and you'll be dealing with, securing, and automating IIS administrative initiatives speedier than you inspiration possible.
About this Book
When your web site slows to a move slowly or alternate stops sending net mail, you want to get issues operating back. quickly. IIS is the communique gateway for many Microsoft servers in addition to the first know-how for publishing sites. studying to control it successfully capacity you could continue your platforms working easily and cross domestic on time.
Learn home windows IIS in a Month of Lunches is an leading edge instructional designed for busy directors. persist with the crisp motives, examples, and routines during this concise, easy-to-read booklet, and you'll be dealing with, securing, and automating IIS speedier than you concept attainable. You'll commence with IIS basics, after which systematically discover internet farm layout, site administration, and excessive availability, in addition to practices to maintain your alternate, SharePoint, procedure middle, and Lync servers operating smoothly.
Written for someone who must deal with IIS, even if you're an IT seasoned or a reluctant administrator.
24 bite-sized classes with perform examples
High-value troubleshooting techniques
No prior IIS event assumed
About the Author
Jason Helmick is a certified coach and advisor focusing on lively listing and IIS. He's the founding father of the Arizona PowerShell person Group.
Table of Contents
1. ahead of you begin
2. Deploying the internet server
3. Exploring and launching a website
4. handling program pools
5. including extra web pages for your server
6. What each administrator should still learn about net applications
7. Securing your websites and net applications
8. Securing the server
9. keeping info with certificates
10. FTP and SMTP with IIS
11. Sharing administrative duties via distant management
12. Optimizing websites for clients and seek engines
13. construction an internet farm with Microsoft community Load Balancing
14. construction an online farm with software Request Routing
15. excessive availability for ARR utilizing Microsoft NLB
16. Sharing content material and configuration to the net farm
17. Sharing IIS configurations for an online farm
18. utilizing the principal certificates shop for certificates management
19. net farm provisioning with the net Farm Framework
20. catastrophe restoration for IIS
21. the ultimate exam
22. by no means the end
23. IIS PowerShell cheat sheet
24. Lab setup advisor
Conquer Microsoft SharePoint 2013 administration—from the interior out!
Dive into SharePoint 2013 administration—and fairly positioned your structures services to paintings! This supremely geared up reference packs enormous quantities of timesaving suggestions, troubleshooting counsel, and workarounds. detect how the specialists installation, configure, and deal with SharePoint—and problem your self to new degrees of mastery.
* Automate the set up and configuration of SharePoint 2013
* successfully deal with SharePoint apps and customized solutions
* Optimize farms, net apps, content material databases, and location collections
* Use ways to support clients reach efficient seek experiences
* Configure company intelligence positive factors in SharePoint 2013
* Dive deep into SharePoint safeguard practices and architecture
* upload SharePoint on-line in your current SharePoint environment
* deal with person Profiles and the SharePoint social experience
* display screen and troubleshoot SharePoint with insider information
For Intermediate to complicated IT execs
What's the new crucial for Apache builders? The Apache Phrasebook. choked with sensible ideas, or "phrases," for projects that the Apache developer a lot accomplish each day, the phrasebook fills the necessity for a brief, practical, to-the-point reference for Apache. The code inside the phrasebook is versatile, so it may be simply tailored in your wishes.
- Java Performance and Scalability: Server-Side Programming Techniques
- Starting and Scaling DevOps in the Enterprise
- Administration reseaux
- Q&A Constitutional and Administrative Law, 4th Edition (Q&A Series)
Additional info for Configuring ISA Server 2000
Remote management allows you to change settings or troubleshoot an ISA Server without being physically at its location. Logging and reporting An important part of any management plan, especially one pertaining to security issues, is documentation. ISA Server makes documentation easier by providing a robust logging and reporting function that will let you schedule reports, output the data to standard formats, and even send alerts to administrators, start or stop services, or run scripts to perform specified tasks when a predefined event occurs.
Com/trainingandservices. The Microsoft exam objectives are a good starting point for anyone who aspires to master this complex product. 0 to ISA Server), configuring and troubleshooting the ISA Server services, configuring and managing policies and rules, setting up and administering the client computers, and monitoring and analyzing ISA Server use. All these topics are important not only to exam takers but to working IT administrators who plan to deploy ISA Server on their networks. This book is intended for both audiences (realizing that those two audiences will overlap in many cases, as students/exam takers get jobs and must put their knowledge to work in the field or experienced professionals who have been working with the products on production networks decide to test their knowledge and obtain official documentation of their skills).
NOTE SSL is an industry-standard protocol used on the Internet to secure messages by using a program layer that is between the HTTP (Application) layer and the TCP (Transport) layer. SSL was originally developed by Netscape for use in its Web browsers, but it is now supported by Microsoft Internet Explorer and most other Web application vendors. SSL uses public/private key encryption and digital certificates to provide security. 0 is the current specification. SSL’s primary “competitor” is HTTP-S, which is an extension to HTTP.