By Sue Mosher
One of many demanding situations of administering and assisting Microsoft?® Outlook 2003 is that it shops settings in such a lot of assorted areas - within the home windows registry, as records within the user's profile folders, and within the details shop itself. Configuring Microsoft?® Outlook 2003 pulls jointly in a single quantity the data that directors in businesses of all sizes have to comprehend, install, and deal with settings for Microsoft Outlook 2003. It covers configuration matters for environments the place Microsoft trade is the mail server and in addition for these utilizing IMAP4 or POP3. The publication supplies certain awareness to safety matters, together with suggested configuration of Outlook's integrated safety features and strategies for locking down Outlook with workforce coverage gadgets and different strategies. Readers will : * Configure the recent Cached alternate mode and RPC over HTTP connections in Outlook 2003* observe undocumented settings for Microsoft alternate Server and use them to set up or alter Outlook mail profiles * Migrate either person information and settings to a brand new laptop* Use instruments comparable to MFCMAPI and Outlook secret agent to discover Outlook's info and settings* Configure an archive .pst dossier within the new Unicode layout that helps as much as 20GB of information* Use scripts to deal with demanding configuration projects similar to granting Reviewer entry to a Calendar folder, or including a moment alternate mailbox to an Outlook profile
Read or Download Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 PDF
Similar system administration books
Learn home windows IIS in a Month of Lunches is an leading edge educational designed for busy directors. whether you don't have any past publicity to IIS, you could stick with the crisp reasons, examples, and routines during this concise, easy-to-read e-book. simply put aside one hour a day—lunchtime will be perfect—for a month, and you'll be dealing with, securing, and automating IIS administrative projects speedier than you idea possible.
About this Book
When your web site slows to a move slowly or alternate stops sending net mail, you want to get issues operating back. quickly. IIS is the verbal exchange gateway for many Microsoft servers in addition to the first know-how for publishing websites. studying to regulate it successfully skill you could hold your platforms working easily and pass domestic on time.
Learn home windows IIS in a Month of Lunches is an cutting edge instructional designed for busy directors. keep on with the crisp factors, examples, and workouts during this concise, easy-to-read booklet, and you'll be handling, securing, and automating IIS speedier than you concept attainable. You'll begin with IIS basics, after which systematically discover net farm layout, site administration, and excessive availability, besides practices to maintain your trade, SharePoint, approach heart, and Lync servers working smoothly.
Written for a person who must deal with IIS, even if you're an IT professional or a reluctant administrator.
24 bite-sized classes with perform examples
High-value troubleshooting techniques
No earlier IIS event assumed
About the Author
Jason Helmick is a certified coach and advisor focusing on energetic listing and IIS. He's the founding father of the Arizona PowerShell person Group.
Table of Contents
1. sooner than you begin
2. Deploying the internet server
3. Exploring and launching a website
4. coping with program pools
5. including extra web content in your server
6. What each administrator may still learn about net applications
7. Securing your websites and internet applications
8. Securing the server
9. conserving facts with certificates
10. FTP and SMTP with IIS
11. Sharing administrative obligations via distant management
12. Optimizing websites for clients and seek engines
13. construction an internet farm with Microsoft community Load Balancing
14. development an internet farm with program Request Routing
15. excessive availability for ARR utilizing Microsoft NLB
16. Sharing content material and configuration to the internet farm
17. Sharing IIS configurations for an internet farm
18. utilizing the vital certificates shop for certificates management
19. net farm provisioning with the net Farm Framework
20. catastrophe restoration for IIS
21. the ultimate exam
22. by no means the end
23. IIS PowerShell cheat sheet
24. Lab setup advisor
Conquer Microsoft SharePoint 2013 administration—from the interior out!
Dive into SharePoint 2013 administration—and fairly placed your structures services to paintings! This supremely prepared reference packs hundreds of thousands of timesaving strategies, troubleshooting assistance, and workarounds. detect how the specialists install, configure, and deal with SharePoint—and problem your self to new degrees of mastery.
* Automate the set up and configuration of SharePoint 2013
* successfully deal with SharePoint apps and customized solutions
* Optimize farms, internet apps, content material databases, and location collections
* Use the right way to aid clients reach efficient seek experiences
* Configure company intelligence positive factors in SharePoint 2013
* Dive deep into SharePoint safety practices and architecture
* upload SharePoint on-line on your latest SharePoint environment
* deal with consumer Profiles and the SharePoint social experience
* video display and troubleshoot SharePoint with insider guidance
For Intermediate to complex IT pros
What's the new crucial for Apache builders? The Apache Phrasebook. filled with functional options, or "phrases," for initiatives that the Apache developer a lot accomplish on a daily basis, the phrasebook fills the necessity for a quick, useful, to-the-point reference for Apache. The code inside the phrasebook is versatile, so it may be simply tailored for your wishes.
- AIX 5L System Administration II: Problem Determination. Student Exercises
- Apache MyFaces Trinidad 1.2: A Practical Guide
- McSe SQL Server 2000 Administration: Study Guide
- Simultaneity: Temporal Structures and Observer Perspectives
- Check Point NG/AI: Next Generation with Application Intelligence Security Administration
- The Byzantine Provincial Administration Under the Paloiologoi
Extra info for Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003
Exe. %USERNAME% is the environment variable representing the user’s Windows login name. exe. Any option that you can set in the user interface for the OPW can also be set with a command-line switch. ini file to tell the OPW exactly which settings to save. exe, functions not just as the OPW but also as the Save My Settings Wizard, which enables users to save and restore Office settings. ini, which is included in the Program Files\ORKTOOLS\ ORK11\TOOLS\Profile Wizard folder. ini file to capture a different set of settings.
22. 12. 22, doubleclick the folder, and it will open in a new MAPI_FOLDER window. ) ~MAPISP(Internal) Used by Exchange Drizzle Used by Exchange Row # 0 Any folder that does not have a property suitable for a display name appears with this name, Row # 1, and so on. pst store) Information on all Outlook items that fire reminders. 22 Root-level folders in the default information store, seen with the Information Store Viewer. 5 Hidden-message setting items As you work with the folders in the information store root and with the hidden settings stored in various Outlook folders, you will run across many different kinds of items.
Pst files. Chapter 6 covers this issue. pst files. Those are always created in the %USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook folder. pst file to create a new local cache. 6 Summary 36 Another potential problem with roaming profiles is that the user’s registry may contain settings in the HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\ Microsoft\Office\Outlook\Addins or in the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\ Software\Microsoft\Office\Outlook\Addins registry keys, which cause Outlook to try to load COM add-ins, regardless of whether the add-ins are actually installed on the machine where the user is working.