By Jeff Smith, Jake Woodhams, Robert Marg
Controller-Based instant LAN Fundamentals
An end-to-end reference advisor to layout, set up, deal with, and safe 802.11 instant networks
As stressed networks are more and more changed with 802.11n instant connections, firm clients are transferring to centralized, next-generation architectures equipped round instant LAN Controllers (WLC). those networks will more and more run business-critical voice, information, and video functions that after required stressed out Ethernet.
In Controller-Based instant LAN Fundamentals, 3 senior Cisco instant specialists collect the entire functional and conceptual wisdom pros have to with a bit of luck layout, configure, install, deal with, and troubleshoot 802.11n networks with Cisco Unified instant community (CUWN) technologies.
The authors first introduce the middle ideas, parts, and merits of next-generation instant networks outfitted with Cisco choices. Drawing on their pioneering event, the authors current counsel, insights, and top practices for community layout and implementation in addition to specific configuration examples.
Next, they light up key applied sciences starting from WLCs to light-weight entry aspect Protocol (LWAPP) and keep watch over and Provisioning of instant entry issues (CAPWAP), mounted cellular Convergence to WiFi Voice. in addition they convey tips on how to benefit from the CUWN’s end-to-end safety, computerized configuration, self-healing, and built-in administration features.
This ebook serves as a realistic, hands-on reference for all community directors, designers, and engineers during the whole venture lifecycle, and an authoritative studying instrument for brand spanking new instant certification courses. this is often the only e-book that
- Fully covers the rules and elements of next-generation instant networks outfitted with Cisco WLCs and Cisco 802.11n AP
- Brings jointly real-world counsel, insights, and top practices for designing and imposing next-generation instant networks
- Presents start-to-finish configuration examples for universal deployment scenarios
- Reflects the huge first-hand event of Cisco experts
- Gain an operational and design-level knowing of WLAN Controller (WLC) architectures, similar applied sciences, and the issues they solve
- Understand 802.11n, MIMO, and protocols built to aid WLC architecture
- Use Cisco applied sciences to reinforce instant community reliability, resilience, and scalability whereas decreasing working expenses
- Safeguard your resources utilizing Cisco Unified instant Network’s complex safeguard features
- Design instant networks in a position to serving as an enterprise’s basic or simply entry community and aiding complicated mobility services
- Utilize Cisco instant regulate approach (WCS) to devise, install, display screen, troubleshoot, and file on instant networks all through their lifecycles
- Configure Cisco instant LANs for multicasting
- Quickly troubleshoot issues of Cisco controller-based instant LANs
This publication is a part of the Cisco Press® basics sequence. Books during this sequence introduce networking pros to new networking applied sciences, masking community topologies, pattern deployment suggestions, protocols, and administration techniques.
Covers: Cisco Controller-Based instant LANs
Read Online or Download Controller-Based Wireless LAN Fundamentals: An end-to-end reference guide to design, deploy, manage, and secure 802.11 wireless networks PDF
Similar protocols & apis books
Calling all-* telecom managers* datacom managers with voice tasks* name middle managers* VoIP implementers* community integrators* product and repair builders* analysts"Clear and specified research and dialogue of PBX approach layout and functions. Allan Sulkin has a different skill to provide an explanation for complicated structures in simply comprehensible phrases.
In 1994, W. Richard Stevens and Addison-Wesley released a networking vintage: TCP/IP Illustrated. The version for that ebook used to be an excellent, unfettered method of networking strategies that has confirmed itself over the years to be well-liked by readers of starting to intermediate networking wisdom. The Illustrated community takes this ordinary method and modernizes it by way of developing not just a far better and extra complex community, but additionally by means of incorporating the entire networking developments that experience taken position because the mid-1990s, that are many.
Looking new easy methods to fulfill expanding verbal exchange calls for, researchers proceed to discover concept from the complicated structures present in nature. From ant-inspired allocation to a swarm set of rules derived from honeybees, Bio-Inspired Computing and Networking explains how the learn of organic structures can considerably enhance computing, networking, and robotics.
This name covers the main prevalent components of web and Intranet expertise and their improvement. It information the newest advancements in examine and covers new subject matters equivalent to IP6, MPLS, and IS-IS routing, in addition to explaining the functionality of standardization committees similar to IETF, IEEE, and UIT.
- Computer Telephone Integration
- Illustrated UNIX System V
- Novell's ZENworks for Desktops 4: Administrator's Handbook
- IP Addressing Fundamentals
- Cisco Catalyst QoS: Quality of Service in Campus Networks
- Patterns in Network Architecture: A Return to Fundamentals
Extra info for Controller-Based Wireless LAN Fundamentals: An end-to-end reference guide to design, deploy, manage, and secure 802.11 wireless networks
Scaling for large WLANs with simplified and automated management functions. This includes auto-tuning of RF configuration. The controller-based architecture addresses the security, operation, and application requirements for the mobility and wireless applications that business networks have been waiting for. Controller-based wireless networks have allowed WLANs to move from being a convenience to being a primary access method that can be relied on to run mission-critical applications. Chapter 2, “Wireless LAN Protocols,” provides detailed information on the protocols that were developed to support the WLC architecture.
This port number is always greater than 1024 and will be unique for each WTP. The AC will always use UDP port number 5247 for CAPWAP control messages. Naturally, the UDP datagrams are transported over the network in IP packets. The IP addresses used are the WTP’s IP address and the AC’s WTP manager IP address. CAPWAP Data Path: Centrally Bridged Traffic Figure 2-8 also illustrates the data path when the system is centrally switching CAPWAP data traffic, which is typical with Split MAC operation and the default with the CUWN.
The task group defining RFC 5415 added these capabilities to the CAPWAP protocol, instead of just relying on IP layer fragmentation and reassembly services, so that CAPWAP would be flexible enough to traverse Network Address Translation (NAT) and firewall boundaries, where IP fragments are often dropped. The sender of the CAPWAP packet (either the WTP or the AC) is responsible for fragmenting the frame when the encapsulated frame exceeds the transport layer MTU. Reassembly of the original fragmented frame is handled by the receiver (either the WTP or the AC) before the frame is processed further.