By David Geary, Cay S. Horstmann
JavaServer Faces (JSF) is the normal Java EE know-how for construction internet person interfaces. It offers a robust framework for constructing server-side functions, permitting you to cleanly separate visible presentation and alertness good judgment. JSF 2.0 is an important improve, which not just provides many beneficial positive aspects but in addition drastically simplifies the programming version by utilizing annotations and “convention over configuration” for universal tasks.
To assist you quick faucet into the facility of JSF 2.0, the 3rd version of Core JavaServer™ Faces has been thoroughly up-to-date to make optimal use of all of the new positive aspects. The e-book includes
Three completely new chapters on utilizing Facelets tags for templating, development composite elements, and constructing Ajax applications
Guidance on development strong functions with minimum hand coding and greatest productivity–without requiring any wisdom of servlets or different low-level “plumbing”
A whole rationalization of the elemental construction blocks–from utilizing commonplace JSF tags, to operating with info tables, and changing and validating input
Coverage of complicated projects, corresponding to occasion dealing with, extending the JSF framework, and connecting to exterior services
Solutions to a number of universal demanding situations, together with notes on debugging and troubleshooting, as well as implementation info and dealing code for positive factors which are lacking from JSF
Proven strategies, tricks, assistance, and “how-tos” enable you use JSF successfully on your improvement projects
Core JavaServer™ Faces, 3rd Edition, offers every little thing you want to grasp the robust and time-saving gains of JSF 2.0 and is the precise advisor for programmers constructing Java EE 6 net apps on Glassfish or one other Java EE 6-compliant program servers, in addition to servlet runners comparable to Tomcat 6.
Read or Download Core java server faces (JSF) PDF
Best system administration books
Learn home windows IIS in a Month of Lunches is an leading edge educational designed for busy directors. no matter if you haven't any past publicity to IIS, you could stick to the crisp causes, examples, and workouts during this concise, easy-to-read booklet. simply put aside one hour a day—lunchtime will be perfect—for a month, and you'll be dealing with, securing, and automating IIS administrative initiatives swifter than you suggestion possible.
About this Book
When your site slows to a move slowly or alternate stops sending web mail, you need to get issues operating back. quickly. IIS is the communique gateway for many Microsoft servers in addition to the first know-how for publishing sites. studying to control it successfully skill you could continue your structures operating easily and pass domestic on time.
Learn home windows IIS in a Month of Lunches is an leading edge instructional designed for busy directors. stick with the crisp factors, examples, and routines during this concise, easy-to-read booklet, and you'll be handling, securing, and automating IIS quicker than you notion attainable. You'll begin with IIS basics, after which systematically discover net farm layout, site administration, and excessive availability, besides practices to maintain your trade, SharePoint, method heart, and Lync servers operating smoothly.
Written for a person who must deal with IIS, even if you're an IT professional or a reluctant administrator.
24 bite-sized classes with perform examples
High-value troubleshooting techniques
No earlier IIS event assumed
About the Author
Jason Helmick is a qualified coach and advisor focusing on lively listing and IIS. He's the founding father of the Arizona PowerShell consumer Group.
Table of Contents
1. ahead of you begin
2. Deploying the internet server
3. Exploring and launching a website
4. dealing with program pools
5. including extra web pages on your server
6. What each administrator should still find out about net applications
7. Securing your websites and net applications
8. Securing the server
9. holding information with certificates
10. FTP and SMTP with IIS
11. Sharing administrative tasks via distant management
12. Optimizing websites for clients and seek engines
13. development an online farm with Microsoft community Load Balancing
14. construction an internet farm with program Request Routing
15. excessive availability for ARR utilizing Microsoft NLB
16. Sharing content material and configuration to the net farm
17. Sharing IIS configurations for an internet farm
18. utilizing the valuable certificates shop for certificates management
19. net farm provisioning with the internet Farm Framework
20. catastrophe restoration for IIS
21. the ultimate exam
22. by no means the end
23. IIS PowerShell cheat sheet
24. Lab setup consultant
Conquer Microsoft SharePoint 2013 administration—from the interior out!
Dive into SharePoint 2013 administration—and particularly positioned your structures services to paintings! This supremely prepared reference packs hundreds and hundreds of timesaving suggestions, troubleshooting assistance, and workarounds. become aware of how the specialists installation, configure, and deal with SharePoint—and problem your self to new degrees of mastery.
* Automate the install and configuration of SharePoint 2013
* successfully deal with SharePoint apps and customized solutions
* Optimize farms, internet apps, content material databases, and placement collections
* Use the right way to support clients reach effective seek experiences
* Configure company intelligence gains in SharePoint 2013
* Dive deep into SharePoint safety practices and architecture
* upload SharePoint on-line for your latest SharePoint environment
* deal with person Profiles and the SharePoint social experience
* computer screen and troubleshoot SharePoint with insider assistance
For Intermediate to complicated IT execs
What's the new crucial for Apache builders? The Apache Phrasebook. choked with useful strategies, or "phrases," for initiatives that the Apache developer a lot accomplish on a daily basis, the phrasebook fills the necessity for a quick, useful, to-the-point reference for Apache. The code inside the phrasebook is versatile, so it may be simply tailored on your wishes.
- Handbook on Business Process Management 2: Strategic Alignment, Governance, People and Culture (2nd Edition)
- Decentralization with PROFIBUS DP DPV1: Architecture and Fundamentals, Configuration and Use with SIMATIC S7
- The Observer's Year: 366 Nights in the Universe (2005)(2nd)(en)(368s)
- Mac OS X Snow Leopard Server For Dummies
Extra resources for Core java server faces (JSF)
Alternative Renderers By default, JSF generates markup for HTML pages. fm Page 25 Wednesday, May 12, 2004 6:37 AM Behind the Scenes tion language such as WML or XUL. In Chapter 11, we show you how to use JSF to communicate with J2ME-powered cell phones. • Tool Support JSF is optimized for use with automated tools. As these tools mature in the coming years, we believe that JSF will be the must-have framework for developing web interfaces with Java. Behind the Scenes Now that you have read about the “what” and the “why” of JavaServer Faces, you may be curious just how the JSF framework does its job.
Each tag has an associated tag handler class. When the page is read, the tag handlers are executed. The JSF tag handlers collaborate with each other to build a component tree (see Figure 1–11). Figure 1–11 Component Tree of the Sample Application The component tree is a data structure that contains Java objects for all user interface elements on the JSF page. For example, the two UIInput objects correspond to the h:inputText and h:inputSecret fields in the JSF file. Rendering Pages Next, the HTML page is rendered.
A session terminates if the web application invokes the invalidate method on the HttpSession object or if it times out. Web applications typically place most of their beans into session scope. For example, a UserBean can contain information about users that is accessible throughout the entire session. A ShoppingCartBean can be filled up gradually during the requests that make up a session. Application Scope Finally, the application scope persists for the entire duration of the web application. That scope is shared among all requests and all sessions.