By IBM Redbooks
Read or Download DB2 OLAP Server: theory and practices PDF
Best system administration books
Learn home windows IIS in a Month of Lunches is an leading edge educational designed for busy directors. no matter if you haven't any previous publicity to IIS, you could keep on with the crisp causes, examples, and workouts during this concise, easy-to-read e-book. simply put aside one hour a day—lunchtime will be perfect—for a month, and you'll be dealing with, securing, and automating IIS administrative initiatives speedier than you idea possible.
About this Book
When your web site slows to a move slowly or alternate stops sending web mail, you might want to get issues operating back. quickly. IIS is the conversation gateway for many Microsoft servers in addition to the first know-how for publishing sites. studying to control it successfully skill you could retain your structures working easily and move domestic on time.
Learn home windows IIS in a Month of Lunches is an cutting edge educational designed for busy directors. stick with the crisp reasons, examples, and routines during this concise, easy-to-read e-book, and you'll be dealing with, securing, and automating IIS speedier than you idea attainable. You'll begin with IIS basics, after which systematically discover net farm layout, site administration, and excessive availability, besides practices to maintain your alternate, SharePoint, method middle, and Lync servers operating smoothly.
Written for someone who must deal with IIS, no matter if you're an IT professional or a reluctant administrator.
24 bite-sized classes with perform examples
High-value troubleshooting techniques
No prior IIS event assumed
About the Author
Jason Helmick is a qualified coach and advisor focusing on energetic listing and IIS. He's the founding father of the Arizona PowerShell person Group.
Table of Contents
1. sooner than you begin
2. Deploying the net server
3. Exploring and launching a website
4. coping with program pools
5. including extra web content on your server
6. What each administrator may still find out about internet applications
7. Securing your websites and net applications
8. Securing the server
9. maintaining facts with certificates
10. FTP and SMTP with IIS
11. Sharing administrative duties via distant management
12. Optimizing websites for clients and seek engines
13. construction an online farm with Microsoft community Load Balancing
14. construction an online farm with program Request Routing
15. excessive availability for ARR utilizing Microsoft NLB
16. Sharing content material and configuration to the internet farm
17. Sharing IIS configurations for an online farm
18. utilizing the principal certificates shop for certificates management
19. internet farm provisioning with the internet Farm Framework
20. catastrophe restoration for IIS
21. the ultimate exam
22. by no means the end
23. IIS PowerShell cheat sheet
24. Lab setup advisor
Conquer Microsoft SharePoint 2013 administration—from the interior out!
Dive into SharePoint 2013 administration—and fairly placed your platforms services to paintings! This supremely geared up reference packs 1000s of timesaving strategies, troubleshooting assistance, and workarounds. detect how the specialists install, configure, and deal with SharePoint—and problem your self to new degrees of mastery.
* Automate the install and configuration of SharePoint 2013
* successfully deal with SharePoint apps and customized solutions
* Optimize farms, net apps, content material databases, and location collections
* Use how you can aid clients reach efficient seek experiences
* Configure company intelligence positive factors in SharePoint 2013
* Dive deep into SharePoint safeguard practices and architecture
* upload SharePoint on-line on your latest SharePoint environment
* deal with consumer Profiles and the SharePoint social experience
* display screen and troubleshoot SharePoint with insider suggestions
For Intermediate to complicated IT pros
What's the new crucial for Apache builders? The Apache Phrasebook. jam-packed with functional ideas, or "phrases," for initiatives that the Apache developer a lot accomplish on a daily basis, the phrasebook fills the necessity for a brief, practical, to-the-point reference for Apache. The code inside the phrasebook is versatile, so it may be simply tailored in your wishes.
- Oracle 9i OLAP Services. Concepts and Administration Guide
- AIX 5L System Administration II: Problem Determination. Student Exercises
- Small Business Server 2008 – Installation, Migration, and Configuration
- Servidor apache / Apache Server
- Practical MDX Queries: For Microsoft SQL Server Analysis Services 2008
- VMware Horizon Mirage Essentials
Extra resources for DB2 OLAP Server: theory and practices
Do the business requirements indicate that one or more dimensions in the cube will be defined with many members and with many levels? This may require that partitioning options be investigated. • Are the business reasons for the project basically retrieval and analysis of information or is there also a process that is being implemented (such as budgeting). If a process is being implemented, the use of VBA applications or other client tools to control the process (as automated running of calc scripts, controlled input screens, and so forth) should be investigated.
Tagging some dimensions dense creates the block DIM(172, 21, 27, 32, 209, 32765) Figure 2. Dense dimensions form the block Every data block that is created in the database has an identical structure. In this example, it contains precisely 172 * 21 * 27 = 97,524 cells, or intersection points. PAG files. 12 DB2 OLAP Server - Theory and Practices Addressing, or locating, blocks of data is provided by means sparse member combinations. IND files. By enabling these two definitions of array dimensions, the creators of Arbor Essbase enabled the matrix to be modular.
One-to-one correlations between dimensions require a single dimension be implemented. Consider the 2 database outlines in Figure 7. Figure 7. Combining dimensions The outline on the left in Figure 7 has its one-to-one members arranged hierarchically. The outline on the right arranges the hierarchies as independent dimensions. Chapter 1. Introducing OLAP 19 The total number of intersection points generated by left outline is 1,232. The total number of intersection points generated by the right outline is 15,120!