By IBM Redbooks
Read Online or Download Deploying a Grid Solution With the IBM Infosphere Information Server PDF
Best system administration books
Learn home windows IIS in a Month of Lunches is an cutting edge educational designed for busy directors. no matter if you don't have any previous publicity to IIS, you could stick to the crisp factors, examples, and routines during this concise, easy-to-read publication. simply put aside one hour a day—lunchtime will be perfect—for a month, and you'll be coping with, securing, and automating IIS administrative initiatives speedier than you concept possible.
About this Book
When your web site slows to a move slowly or alternate stops sending net mail, you want to get issues operating back. quick. IIS is the communique gateway for many Microsoft servers in addition to the first know-how for publishing sites. studying to control it successfully capacity you could maintain your platforms operating easily and move domestic on time.
Learn home windows IIS in a Month of Lunches is an leading edge instructional designed for busy directors. stick to the crisp causes, examples, and workouts during this concise, easy-to-read e-book, and you'll be coping with, securing, and automating IIS swifter than you proposal attainable. You'll commence with IIS basics, after which systematically discover net farm layout, web site administration, and excessive availability, besides practices to maintain your trade, SharePoint, process heart, and Lync servers working smoothly.
Written for somebody who must deal with IIS, even if you're an IT professional or a reluctant administrator.
24 bite-sized classes with perform examples
High-value troubleshooting techniques
No prior IIS adventure assumed
About the Author
Jason Helmick is a certified coach and advisor focusing on energetic listing and IIS. He's the founding father of the Arizona PowerShell consumer Group.
Table of Contents
1. ahead of you begin
2. Deploying the internet server
3. Exploring and launching a website
4. handling program pools
5. including extra web content in your server
6. What each administrator may still find out about internet applications
7. Securing your websites and internet applications
8. Securing the server
9. keeping information with certificates
10. FTP and SMTP with IIS
11. Sharing administrative tasks via distant management
12. Optimizing websites for clients and seek engines
13. development an online farm with Microsoft community Load Balancing
14. development an internet farm with program Request Routing
15. excessive availability for ARR utilizing Microsoft NLB
16. Sharing content material and configuration to the internet farm
17. Sharing IIS configurations for an online farm
18. utilizing the relevant certificates shop for certificates management
19. internet farm provisioning with the net Farm Framework
20. catastrophe restoration for IIS
21. the ultimate exam
22. by no means the end
23. IIS PowerShell cheat sheet
24. Lab setup advisor
Conquer Microsoft SharePoint 2013 administration—from the interior out!
Dive into SharePoint 2013 administration—and particularly positioned your platforms services to paintings! This supremely equipped reference packs 1000's of timesaving recommendations, troubleshooting suggestions, and workarounds. notice how the specialists installation, configure, and deal with SharePoint—and problem your self to new degrees of mastery.
* Automate the install and configuration of SharePoint 2013
* successfully deal with SharePoint apps and customized solutions
* Optimize farms, internet apps, content material databases, and location collections
* Use tips on how to aid clients reach efficient seek experiences
* Configure enterprise intelligence positive aspects in SharePoint 2013
* Dive deep into SharePoint safety practices and architecture
* upload SharePoint on-line for your current SharePoint environment
* deal with person Profiles and the SharePoint social experience
* computer screen and troubleshoot SharePoint with insider suggestions
For Intermediate to complex IT pros
What's the new crucial for Apache builders? The Apache Phrasebook. full of functional recommendations, or "phrases," for initiatives that the Apache developer a lot accomplish on a daily basis, the phrasebook fills the necessity for a quick, practical, to-the-point reference for Apache. The code inside the phrasebook is versatile, so it may be simply tailored on your wishes.
- Why Agree? Why Move?: Unifying Agreement-Based and Discourse Configurational Languages (Linguistic Inquiry Monographs)
- Exchange Server Cookbook
- Die Konfigurationsdatei des Apache
- Understanding and Configuring VLAN Trunk Protocol(VTP)
- Planning, Implementing & Maintaining MS Windows Server 2003 Enviroment For W2K MCSE (ver. 10.21.03)
Extra info for Deploying a Grid Solution With the IBM Infosphere Information Server
For example, bioscience companies use grids to process genetic algorithms, and oil companies use grids to interpret seismic data from oil explorations. Enterprise grid computing Enterprise grid computing can be defined as using dedicated farms of low-cost, uniformly configured servers to replace large UNIX clusters or mainframes. Most commonly, this is used to handle commercial data processing workloads and manage service level agreements (SLA)at the optimal price/performance level. An example of this is an Enterprise Data Warehouse with large volumes of data to de-duplicate and load.
Chapter 1. IBM InfoSphere Information Server in a grid environment 27 6. com server Figure 1-15 Cluster configuration, part 1 of 7 Figure 1-16 Cluster configuration, part 2 of 7 28 Deploying a Grid Solution with the IBM InfoSphere Information Server Figure 1-17 Cluster configuration, part 3 of 7 Figure 1-18 Cluster configuration, part 4 of 7 Chapter 1. IBM InfoSphere Information Server in a grid environment 29 Figure 1-19 Cluster configuration, part 5 of 7 Figure 1-20 Cluster configuration, part 6 of 7 30 Deploying a Grid Solution with the IBM InfoSphere Information Server Figure 1-21 Cluster configuration, part 7 of 7 Grid computing With a grid implementation, the static configuration file normally defined for a cluster is replaced with a dynamic configuration file created at runtime.
This is a common problem when users in the grid are not configured correctly. The correct way to set up users is by using NIS (or something similar) with the user's home directory as an NFS mount to the compute nodes. profile) must include the necessary components to dynamically generate the APT_CONFIG_FILE, the most important component being java. If the configuration does not use as single mount point for the user, then it is more than likely to cause this problem. Make sure when you test the connection to the compute nodes (through ssh), that the PATH to the Java library is correct and that