By Joseph Davies;Elliot Lewis
Get the concentrated, in-depth technical services you must installation digital deepest networks (VPNs) utilizing the home windows Server 2003 working procedure. The authors—networking experts from the Microsoft home windows Server team—thoroughly element VPN parts, features, and protection concerns for distant entry and site-to-site connections. From making plans and layout to deploying and troubleshooting your resolution, you get professional technical information via all key choice issues and techniques. This advisor additionally good points an end-to-end deployment instance and top practices info, with extra assets on CD. Get the technical drill-down you want to: overview your organization’s interoperability and safeguard requisites outline and enforce VPN-related community infrastructure—including routing, identify solution, energetic listing domain names, and certificates prone decide upon and enforce VPN protocols—PPTP and L2TP/IPSec enforce complex protection companies, together with community entry Quarantine keep watch over and certificate-based authentication layout, configure, and installation VPN servers, together with firewall configuration Configure RADIUS authentication for VPN connections Plan and enforce distant entry rules Use Connection supervisor for large-scale distant entry VPN deployment organize a VPN try out lab examine specialist troubleshooting tactics—including ideas to universal difficulties CD positive factors: VPN Deployment Calculator Troubleshooting worksheets absolutely searchable booklet A word in regards to the CD or DVDThe print model of this e-book ships with a CD or DVD. For these consumers procuring one of many electronic codecs within which this e-book is obtainable, we're happy to provide the CD/DVD content material as a unfastened obtain through O'Reilly Media's electronic Distribution companies. To obtain this content material, please stopover at O'Reilly's website, look for the name of this e-book to discover its catalog web page, and click the hyperlink lower than the canopy picture (Examples, better half content material, or perform Files). observe that whereas we offer as a lot of the media content material as we're capable through loose obtain, we're occasionally restricted by means of licensing regulations. Please direct any questions or matters to email@example.com.
Read or Download Deploying Virtual Private Networks with Microsoft Windows Server 2003 PDF
Best system administration books
Learn home windows IIS in a Month of Lunches is an cutting edge instructional designed for busy directors. no matter if you haven't any previous publicity to IIS, you could stick with the crisp factors, examples, and workouts during this concise, easy-to-read ebook. simply put aside one hour a day—lunchtime will be perfect—for a month, and you'll be coping with, securing, and automating IIS administrative initiatives quicker than you inspiration possible.
About this Book
When your web site slows to a move slowly or alternate stops sending web mail, you need to get issues operating back. quick. IIS is the conversation gateway for many Microsoft servers in addition to the first expertise for publishing sites. studying to control it successfully skill you could preserve your platforms working easily and move domestic on time.
Learn home windows IIS in a Month of Lunches is an cutting edge instructional designed for busy directors. stick with the crisp factors, examples, and routines during this concise, easy-to-read e-book, and you'll be handling, securing, and automating IIS speedier than you concept attainable. You'll begin with IIS basics, after which systematically discover net farm layout, site administration, and excessive availability, besides practices to maintain your trade, SharePoint, procedure heart, and Lync servers working smoothly.
Written for somebody who must deal with IIS, even if you're an IT seasoned or a reluctant administrator.
24 bite-sized classes with perform examples
High-value troubleshooting techniques
No earlier IIS event assumed
About the Author
Jason Helmick is a certified coach and advisor focusing on energetic listing and IIS. He's the founding father of the Arizona PowerShell consumer Group.
Table of Contents
1. ahead of you begin
2. Deploying the internet server
3. Exploring and launching a website
4. dealing with program pools
5. including extra web content on your server
6. What each administrator may still find out about internet applications
7. Securing your websites and internet applications
8. Securing the server
9. retaining info with certificates
10. FTP and SMTP with IIS
11. Sharing administrative obligations via distant management
12. Optimizing websites for clients and seek engines
13. construction an online farm with Microsoft community Load Balancing
14. construction an online farm with program Request Routing
15. excessive availability for ARR utilizing Microsoft NLB
16. Sharing content material and configuration to the internet farm
17. Sharing IIS configurations for an internet farm
18. utilizing the principal certificates shop for certificates management
19. net farm provisioning with the net Farm Framework
20. catastrophe restoration for IIS
21. the ultimate exam
22. by no means the end
23. IIS PowerShell cheat sheet
24. Lab setup advisor
Conquer Microsoft SharePoint 2013 administration—from the interior out!
Dive into SharePoint 2013 administration—and fairly placed your structures services to paintings! This supremely equipped reference packs countless numbers of timesaving options, troubleshooting information, and workarounds. realize how the specialists installation, configure, and deal with SharePoint—and problem your self to new degrees of mastery.
* Automate the set up and configuration of SharePoint 2013
* successfully deal with SharePoint apps and customized solutions
* Optimize farms, net apps, content material databases, and location collections
* Use tips on how to support clients reach effective seek experiences
* Configure enterprise intelligence beneficial properties in SharePoint 2013
* Dive deep into SharePoint safeguard practices and architecture
* upload SharePoint on-line for your latest SharePoint environment
* deal with person Profiles and the SharePoint social experience
* visual display unit and troubleshoot SharePoint with insider guidance
For Intermediate to complex IT pros
What's the new crucial for Apache builders? The Apache Phrasebook. choked with useful recommendations, or "phrases," for projects that the Apache developer a lot accomplish each day, the phrasebook fills the necessity for a brief, useful, to-the-point reference for Apache. The code inside the phrasebook is versatile, so it may be simply tailored for your wishes.
- Assessing Vendors: A Hands-On Guide to Assessing Infosec and IT Vendors
- Examwise for Installing, Configuring, and Administering Microsoft Windows 2000 Directory Service Infrastructure: Examination 70-217
- Active Directory: Designing, Deploying, and Running Active Directory (5th Edition)
- Pro Apache Tomcat 6 (Pro)
Extra resources for Deploying Virtual Private Networks with Microsoft Windows Server 2003
9 10 | PART I VPN Technology • We will cover advanced features such as client state checking with quaran tine and IP firewalling so that you can be sure none of your users are com promising your network when they are on the Internet and connected to the home office. You can enjoy peace of mind when using VPN because Microsoft provides a complete suite of client control options to protect your corporate assets. • We will also provide detailed troubleshooting processes and procedures to ensure the complete success of your rollout.
If the answer is yes, the authorization nego tiation is encrypted and completed. • MS-CHAP version 2 (MS-CHAP v2) MS-CHAP v2 is an updated encrypted authentication mechanism that provides stronger security for the exchange of user name and password credentials and determination of encryption keys. The difference between MS-CHAP and MS-CHAP v2 is that there is mutual authentication between the gateway and the client. The gateway trusts the server and sets up encryption from it to the client, and the client trusts the gateway and sets up an equal encryption method in the reverse direction.
The VPN connection across the Internet logically operates as a wide area network (WAN) link between the sites. In both of these cases, the secure connection across the internetwork appears to the user as a private network communication—despite the fact that this communi cation occurs over a public internetwork—hence the name virtual private network. VPN technology is designed to address issues surrounding the current business trend toward increased telecommuting and widely distributed global operations, where workers must be able to connect to central resources and must be able to communicate with each other.