By Bin Cao, Bulbul Ahmed, Haluk Beyenal (auth.), Vishal Shah (eds.)
While quite a few journals and books come in the industry highlighting the advancements within the box of environmental expertise, none of them solely specializes in the applied sciences that will be within the leading edge in almost about a long way destiny. each article within the e-book is peer-reviewed and from a unique sub-discipline. due to its interdisciplinary themes on for example pollution and effort construction, this makes it a one booklet for all and serves as a superb source for scientists, marketers, politicians and non-governmental enterprises who desire to achieve info on upcoming and promising technologies.
Read or Download Emerging Environmental Technologies, Volume II PDF
Similar environmental books
This publication specializes in the worldwide results of land degradation, yet emphasizes different vital degrees of land degradation: on the box point, it may possibly lead to decreased productiveness; on the nationwide point, it will possibly reason flooding, and sedimentation; and, on the international point, it may possibly give a contribution to weather alterations, destructive bio-diversity, and overseas waters.
Discusses these facets of environmental switch which would have direct or oblique results on human wellbeing and fitness. comprises discussions on water pollutants, agricultural pollutants, genetic sickness and unique tropical ailments in addition to human nutrients and inhabitants development. content material:
Studies of Environmental illness and Toxicology makes an attempt to supply concise, serious reports of well timed advances, philosophy and demanding components of comprehensive or wanted recreation within the overall box of xenobiotics, in any phase of our surroundings, in addition to toxicological implications.
- Geostatistics for Environmental Applications: Proceedings of the Fifth European Conference on Geostatistics for Environmental Applications
- Primary Succession and Ecosystem Rehabilitation
- The Impact of Environmental Variability on Ecological Systems
- Geomicrobiology: Molecular and Environmental Perspective
- Environmental Security and Environmental Management: The Role of Risk Assessment
Additional info for Emerging Environmental Technologies, Volume II
94. , J. McLean, G. Pinchuk, J. Fredrickson, Y. Gorby, K. Minard, and R. Wind. 2005. NMR methods for in situ biofilm metabolism studies. Journal of Microbiological Methods 62: 337–344. 95. , P. Majors, C. Reardon, C. Bilskis, S. Reed, M. Romine, and J. Fredrickson. 2008. Investigation of structure and metabolism within Shewanella oneidensis MR-1 biofilms. Journal of Microbiological Methods 74: 47–56. 96. , D. Lies, B. Wold, and D. Newman. 2006. Spatiometabolic stratification of Shewanella oneidensis biofilms.
Daly. 2000. Reduction of Fe(III), Cr(VI), U(VI), and Tc(VII) by Deinococcus radiodurans R1. Applied and Environmental Microbiology 66: 2006–2011. , and A. Obraztsova. 1998. Sulfate-reducing bacterium grows with Cr(VI), U(VI), Mn(IV), and FE(III) as electron acceptors. FEMS Microbiology Letters 162: 193–198. , G. Zhang, J. McDonough, M. Bruns, and W. Burgos. 2009. Metal reduction at low pH by a Desulfosporosinus species: implications for the biological treatment of acidic mine drainage. Geomicrobiology Journal 26: 71–82.
Microbial metal transformations. Journal of Microbiology 39: 83–88. 32. , and H. Tabak. 2005. Developments in bioremediation of soils and sediments polluted with metals and radionuclides: 2. Field research on bioremediation of metals and radionuclides. Reviews in Environmental Science and Bio/Technology 4: 157–183. 33. , and D. Lovley. 1992. Enzymatic uranium precipitation. Environmental Science and Technology 26: 205–207. 34. , E. Phillips, Y. Gorby, and E. Landa. 1991. Microbial reduction of uranium.