By Stanfield V., Smith R.W.
Linux keeps to adapt, and Sybex is there to maintain you abreast of the recent advancements with a revised variation of Linux process management, the ebook chosen as one of many "Most fundamental Linux Books" within the 2001 Linux magazine Readers selection Awards. totally up to date to hide the newest Linux kernel, 2.4 and the latest model of crimson Hat Linux, v. 7.2, this moment version presents basically written and concentrated factors of the real-world matters that Linux platforms directors can count on to come across at the task. The authors commence with Linux deploy and configuration, then flow directly to establishing consumer bills, imposing defense, and dealing with dossier platforms, printing, and serial communications. This e-book is the cornerstone name within the Craig Hunt Linux Library, which has earned the popularity because the so much entire, well-written, and safely designated Linux sequence to be had.
Read Online or Download Linux System Administration PDF
Best system administration books
Learn home windows IIS in a Month of Lunches is an leading edge educational designed for busy directors. no matter if you haven't any previous publicity to IIS, you could stick to the crisp causes, examples, and routines during this concise, easy-to-read publication. simply put aside one hour a day—lunchtime will be perfect—for a month, and you'll be coping with, securing, and automating IIS administrative initiatives quicker than you notion possible.
About this Book
When your site slows to a move slowly or trade stops sending web mail, you might want to get issues operating back. quick. IIS is the communique gateway for many Microsoft servers in addition to the first know-how for publishing sites. studying to regulate it successfully capacity you could maintain your platforms working easily and pass domestic on time.
Learn home windows IIS in a Month of Lunches is an cutting edge instructional designed for busy directors. keep on with the crisp factors, examples, and workouts during this concise, easy-to-read e-book, and you'll be dealing with, securing, and automating IIS quicker than you notion attainable. You'll begin with IIS basics, after which systematically discover internet farm layout, site administration, and excessive availability, in addition to practices to maintain your trade, SharePoint, procedure heart, and Lync servers operating smoothly.
Written for somebody who must deal with IIS, even if you're an IT seasoned or a reluctant administrator.
24 bite-sized classes with perform examples
High-value troubleshooting techniques
No earlier IIS adventure assumed
About the Author
Jason Helmick is a certified coach and advisor focusing on lively listing and IIS. He's the founding father of the Arizona PowerShell consumer Group.
Table of Contents
1. sooner than you begin
2. Deploying the net server
3. Exploring and launching a website
4. handling software pools
5. including extra web pages on your server
6. What each administrator may still learn about internet applications
7. Securing your websites and internet applications
8. Securing the server
9. retaining facts with certificates
10. FTP and SMTP with IIS
11. Sharing administrative obligations via distant management
12. Optimizing websites for clients and seek engines
13. development an internet farm with Microsoft community Load Balancing
14. construction an internet farm with software Request Routing
15. excessive availability for ARR utilizing Microsoft NLB
16. Sharing content material and configuration to the internet farm
17. Sharing IIS configurations for an online farm
18. utilizing the vital certificates shop for certificates management
19. net farm provisioning with the net Farm Framework
20. catastrophe restoration for IIS
21. the ultimate exam
22. by no means the end
23. IIS PowerShell cheat sheet
24. Lab setup advisor
Conquer Microsoft SharePoint 2013 administration—from the interior out!
Dive into SharePoint 2013 administration—and quite placed your structures services to paintings! This supremely equipped reference packs thousands of timesaving suggestions, troubleshooting tips, and workarounds. observe how the specialists installation, configure, and deal with SharePoint—and problem your self to new degrees of mastery.
* Automate the install and configuration of SharePoint 2013
* successfully deal with SharePoint apps and customized solutions
* Optimize farms, internet apps, content material databases, and placement collections
* Use how to aid clients reach efficient seek experiences
* Configure enterprise intelligence gains in SharePoint 2013
* Dive deep into SharePoint protection practices and architecture
* upload SharePoint on-line on your present SharePoint environment
* deal with person Profiles and the SharePoint social experience
* display screen and troubleshoot SharePoint with insider suggestions
For Intermediate to complex IT pros
What's the new crucial for Apache builders? The Apache Phrasebook. full of functional recommendations, or "phrases," for projects that the Apache developer a lot accomplish on a daily basis, the phrasebook fills the necessity for a brief, useful, to-the-point reference for Apache. The code inside the phrasebook is versatile, so it may be simply tailored on your wishes.
- Logging in Java with the JDK 1.4 logging API and Apache log4j
- Exchange Server 2000 24seven
- Pro SQL Server 2008 Failover Clustering (Expert's Voice in SQL Server)
- Configuring Symantec AntiVirus: Corporate Edition
- Management and Administration Skills for the Mental Health Professional (Practical Resources for the Mental Health Professional)
- Professional Apache Tomcat 5
Additional resources for Linux System Administration
Only multithreaded programs will truly benefit from SMP. Multithreading, also simply referred to as threading, is the process of cloning processes to split the workload within a program into separate processes that can be routed to separate processors in an SMP system. Basically, the rule is: processes and kernel threads are distributed among processors; user−space threads are not. If you notice that your single processor is idle much of the time because of a slow disk drive, the system probably won't benefit much from additional processing power.
It runs better than on lesser hardware, but it is not the best that it can be. Reconfiguring will make a great difference provided that the hardware can handle the system load. Optimized software on low−end hardware is similarly disappointing. The trick is to optimize the software on the best hardware for the intended task. Just as a car's engine can determine how fast it will go, the hardware components in your Linux system determine how it will perform. We'll look at the minimum acceptable hardware for a Linux system and some example architectures for different types of Linux systems.
The major Linux distributions are generally considered to include Red Hat, Mandrake, Caldera, SuSE, Slackware, Debian, and Corel. Each of these is available on CD−ROM and also via FTP over the Internet in a form designed to be written to a CD−ROM or even, in the case of Slackware, to floppies designed to initiate a network installation. ) If you mention which distribution you intend to use to a Linux advocate, be ready for an explanation of why a different distribution is better. On any Linux mailing list, friendly arguments called distro wars frequently occur: one user mentions his distribution by name, and other members of the list feel compelled to compare that distribution with whatever they are currently using.