By Sujoy Paul
Seasoned SQL Server 2008 Replication is the single booklet out there to supply finished suggestions to database directors on the best way to enforce a dispensed database setting lower than SQL Server. The e-book covers all universal replication paradigms, and is vital studying for somebody occupied with replicating databases.
Read or Download Pro SQL Server 2008 Replication PDF
Best system administration books
Learn home windows IIS in a Month of Lunches is an cutting edge educational designed for busy directors. no matter if you haven't any earlier publicity to IIS, you could stick to the crisp reasons, examples, and workouts during this concise, easy-to-read e-book. simply put aside one hour a day—lunchtime will be perfect—for a month, and you'll be handling, securing, and automating IIS administrative projects speedier than you proposal possible.
About this Book
When your site slows to a move slowly or alternate stops sending web mail, you want to get issues operating back. quickly. IIS is the communique gateway for many Microsoft servers in addition to the first know-how for publishing sites. studying to control it successfully skill you could continue your structures working easily and pass domestic on time.
Learn home windows IIS in a Month of Lunches is an cutting edge educational designed for busy directors. stick to the crisp reasons, examples, and routines during this concise, easy-to-read publication, and you'll be dealing with, securing, and automating IIS swifter than you concept attainable. You'll commence with IIS basics, after which systematically discover internet farm layout, site administration, and excessive availability, besides practices to maintain your trade, SharePoint, method middle, and Lync servers operating smoothly.
Written for a person who must deal with IIS, even if you're an IT seasoned or a reluctant administrator.
24 bite-sized classes with perform examples
High-value troubleshooting techniques
No past IIS event assumed
About the Author
Jason Helmick is a certified coach and advisor focusing on energetic listing and IIS. He's the founding father of the Arizona PowerShell consumer Group.
Table of Contents
1. sooner than you begin
2. Deploying the internet server
3. Exploring and launching a website
4. coping with software pools
5. including extra web content for your server
6. What each administrator may still find out about net applications
7. Securing your websites and net applications
8. Securing the server
9. keeping information with certificates
10. FTP and SMTP with IIS
11. Sharing administrative obligations via distant management
12. Optimizing websites for clients and seek engines
13. development an internet farm with Microsoft community Load Balancing
14. construction an internet farm with program Request Routing
15. excessive availability for ARR utilizing Microsoft NLB
16. Sharing content material and configuration to the internet farm
17. Sharing IIS configurations for an online farm
18. utilizing the relevant certificates shop for certificates management
19. net farm provisioning with the net Farm Framework
20. catastrophe restoration for IIS
21. the ultimate exam
22. by no means the end
23. IIS PowerShell cheat sheet
24. Lab setup advisor
Conquer Microsoft SharePoint 2013 administration—from the interior out!
Dive into SharePoint 2013 administration—and fairly positioned your platforms services to paintings! This supremely prepared reference packs countless numbers of timesaving strategies, troubleshooting suggestions, and workarounds. observe how the specialists install, configure, and deal with SharePoint—and problem your self to new degrees of mastery.
* Automate the set up and configuration of SharePoint 2013
* successfully deal with SharePoint apps and customized solutions
* Optimize farms, internet apps, content material databases, and location collections
* Use easy methods to aid clients reach effective seek experiences
* Configure company intelligence positive factors in SharePoint 2013
* Dive deep into SharePoint safety practices and architecture
* upload SharePoint on-line for your current SharePoint environment
* deal with consumer Profiles and the SharePoint social experience
* visual display unit and troubleshoot SharePoint with insider counsel
For Intermediate to complicated IT execs
What's the new crucial for Apache builders? The Apache Phrasebook. jam-packed with sensible recommendations, or "phrases," for initiatives that the Apache developer a lot accomplish on a daily basis, the phrasebook fills the necessity for a quick, sensible, to-the-point reference for Apache. The code inside the phrasebook is versatile, so it may be simply tailored in your wishes.
- MCTS Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 Configuration Study Guide: Exam 70-631
- The Practice of System and Network Administration (2nd Edition)
- The Practice of System and Network Administration (2nd Edition)
- Pro ASP NET 3 5 Server Controls and AJAX Components
- Data Management: Databases and Organizations
- Exchange Server 2000 24seven
Extra resources for Pro SQL Server 2008 Replication
In Figure 2-9, the focus is primarily set on the local server to act as the Distributor. ■Note You can go back and forth in this wizard, so if you want to change something during the process, you can do so easily. Click the Next button, and the wizard will ask you where you want to place the snapshot folder, as shown in Figure 2-10. This snapshot folder will contain the snapshot of the publications to be accessed by the Distribution and Merge Agents. 1\MSSQL\ReplData. You must ensure that you have permissions to the folder where you store the snapshot files.
Compare physical replication models. Publisher-Subscriber Model The Publisher-Subscriber model is based on a metaphor from the publishing industry. This metaphor is a logical representation of the architecture the software industry has followed in database replication. Imagine you want to buy a couple of books on replication and SQL Server from a publisher that publishes several books and magazines on database topics. The publisher packages the books you order and sends them to the distributor.
Figure 1-4. MS DTC components executing a distributed transaction So, in effect, a distributed transaction can traverse several nodes, where each node consists of an MS DTC. This is illustrated in Figure 1-5. ■Caution The MS DTC transaction manager cannot be started without the log file. It is therefore best to keep a backup copy of the log file on a separate machine. SQL Server manages distributed transactions internally. When these transactions connect to two or more servers, these servers are called resource managers.