By David E. Williams
Read Online or Download Virtualization with VMware ESX Server PDF
Best system administration books
Learn home windows IIS in a Month of Lunches is an leading edge instructional designed for busy directors. whether you haven't any earlier publicity to IIS, you could stick to the crisp causes, examples, and workouts during this concise, easy-to-read booklet. simply put aside one hour a day—lunchtime will be perfect—for a month, and you'll be handling, securing, and automating IIS administrative projects quicker than you notion possible.
About this Book
When your site slows to a move slowly or alternate stops sending net mail, you should get issues operating back. quick. IIS is the verbal exchange gateway for many Microsoft servers in addition to the first know-how for publishing websites. studying to regulate it successfully ability you could preserve your platforms working easily and cross domestic on time.
Learn home windows IIS in a Month of Lunches is an leading edge instructional designed for busy directors. stick to the crisp motives, examples, and routines during this concise, easy-to-read booklet, and you'll be dealing with, securing, and automating IIS speedier than you suggestion attainable. You'll begin with IIS basics, after which systematically discover net farm layout, web site administration, and excessive availability, besides practices to maintain your alternate, SharePoint, approach middle, and Lync servers operating smoothly.
Written for a person who must deal with IIS, even if you're an IT seasoned or a reluctant administrator.
24 bite-sized classes with perform examples
High-value troubleshooting techniques
No earlier IIS adventure assumed
About the Author
Jason Helmick is a certified coach and advisor focusing on energetic listing and IIS. He's the founding father of the Arizona PowerShell person Group.
Table of Contents
1. ahead of you begin
2. Deploying the net server
3. Exploring and launching a website
4. dealing with program pools
5. including extra web content in your server
6. What each administrator may still learn about net applications
7. Securing your websites and internet applications
8. Securing the server
9. conserving facts with certificates
10. FTP and SMTP with IIS
11. Sharing administrative obligations via distant management
12. Optimizing websites for clients and seek engines
13. development an online farm with Microsoft community Load Balancing
14. construction an internet farm with software Request Routing
15. excessive availability for ARR utilizing Microsoft NLB
16. Sharing content material and configuration to the net farm
17. Sharing IIS configurations for an internet farm
18. utilizing the critical certificates shop for certificates management
19. internet farm provisioning with the net Farm Framework
20. catastrophe restoration for IIS
21. the ultimate exam
22. by no means the end
23. IIS PowerShell cheat sheet
24. Lab setup consultant
Conquer Microsoft SharePoint 2013 administration—from the interior out!
Dive into SharePoint 2013 administration—and rather placed your platforms services to paintings! This supremely geared up reference packs hundreds of thousands of timesaving options, troubleshooting tips, and workarounds. become aware of how the specialists installation, configure, and deal with SharePoint—and problem your self to new degrees of mastery.
* Automate the install and configuration of SharePoint 2013
* successfully deal with SharePoint apps and customized solutions
* Optimize farms, internet apps, content material databases, and location collections
* Use tips on how to support clients reach efficient seek experiences
* Configure enterprise intelligence beneficial properties in SharePoint 2013
* Dive deep into SharePoint protection practices and architecture
* upload SharePoint on-line for your current SharePoint environment
* deal with consumer Profiles and the SharePoint social experience
* visual display unit and troubleshoot SharePoint with insider suggestions
For Intermediate to complicated IT pros
What's the new crucial for Apache builders? The Apache Phrasebook. choked with useful strategies, or "phrases," for projects that the Apache developer a lot accomplish on a daily basis, the phrasebook fills the necessity for a brief, practical, to-the-point reference for Apache. The code inside the phrasebook is versatile, so it may be simply tailored for your wishes.
- Pro SQL Server 2005 Reporting Services
- Oracle Workflow Server Installation Notes (Part No. A90185-01) (Release 2.6.1)
- Programming Active Server Pages
- Facelets Essentials: Guide to JavaServer Faces View Definition Framework
Additional resources for Virtualization with VMware ESX Server
This type of clustering helps you scale a service, such as VPN or Web, by balancing and distributing the tra amongst the virtual servers that are a part of the cluster so that the load is shared equally. 6. Geo-Clustering Geo-clustering, or geographically distributed clustering, allows for cluster nodes to exist in remote sites. VM has published a whitepaper discussing how this is implemented with the EMC Symmetrix Remote Data Facilit (SRDF). Neither writer of this book has implemented this solution yet, but we strongly suggest reading the whitepaper to see what is available now and to imagine what the future holds.
If you are certain the hardware and configuration are supported, then run the vm-support script mentioned previously. Q: Why does this chapter include only the graphical installer method? A: It's the recommended installation method from VMware and one that many in the x86-world are the most comfortable with. If you wish to try it another way, VMware offers a very complete installation document covering the various installation methodologies. Chapter 3. 1. Introduction In this chapter, we'll walk through building a virtual machine, discussing its basic requirements, as well as some issues to consider when building virtuals.
There is a specific import process required for migrating virtual machines from either Workstation or GSX into ESX. pdf. Chapter 4. 1. Introduction In this chapter we review some of the advanced configuration possibilities for both your ESX Server and your virtual machines. VMware provides tremendous flexibility with configuration possibilities. We look at network bandwidth shaping and disk shaping as well as different memory configuration possibilities. We also examine your ability to set CPU affinity and finally explore clustering options.